+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It would bug me and it would get under my skin, BUT I would rather the GF like my son and be involved than dislike him or show no interest. I cant imagine how hard it must be to be dating someone with a child, let alone not getting along with the biological mother. I would have suggested you mention it to FOB first......but whats done is done now so I guess you just wait for the potential fallout.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    well thank you all for your point of view i really appreciate it . i did message her and ask her as kindly as i could (even though steam was shooting out of my ears!)to remove it, and she has. so far no fallout and i am hoping it stays that way. FOB knows how i can get when it comes to DS so hopefully he just leaves it at that, i wasnt nasty to her as such but i put her in her place and i am hoping he lets her deal with me on her own. I think if she puts herself in my shoes and asks herself if she would be ok with it she would come to the same conclusion as i have.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pene For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I can understand it would be hard seeing your little one bond with another female.

I really think their are worse things in this world a would-be step parent could do than post a picture on Facebook. As pp said: pick your battles. Save your steam for the big issues.

It may be hard but at some point you're going to have to let go of the anger and accept your ex and bubba will have someone else in their life. Anger can cloud your judgement and lead to unecessary confrontation, hamper an effective co-parenting arrangement and eat away at you preventing you from being happy.

- the only concern I would have is that profile pictures can be seen by anyone regardless of privacy settings. Perhaps asking her to move the picture to an album that was protected would have been a good compromise.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you, that is what i have done, i asked her to remove it as the profile pic. i told her i dont care if she has them in albums but profile pics are public and i am not ok with that.