+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default how would you feel/react?

so FOB'S GF and i dont have the best relationship... To say we hate each other wouldnt be too far off actually. Anyway last night while on FB in the "people you may know" section her profile came up and her display pic is of MY 12 month old son and her.... just the two of them. Now she has only met my son about 3 times so i find this highly inappropriate. Ok so if his father was in the pic too then i wouldnt really have a problem. i also dont care if she just had the pics in an album or something but not as her profile pic!. so i have messaged her and told her to take it down.
    i just know it is going to start a fight between me and FOB but i honestly think i am right. What would you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think I'd be comfortable with just her and my child-it's weird! I'd be questioning why she would do that and why a photo like that even exists? Boundaries, boundaries, boundaries!!!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chillies For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (01-08-2012),Eko  (01-08-2012),pene  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Honestly I'd just ignore it for the moment.

I agree that it is weird and it would make me furious too BUT, you need to pick your battles with FOB and is facebook really worth it? If you put up a fight about this today, then next week you need to discuss something more important like routines or feeding or similar, you will be the one that "always has a problem" if that makes sense?

I'd just ignore it for now and hope she changes it soon.

Good luck

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Foxy For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (01-08-2012),Bennos Mummy  (01-08-2012),Chillies  (01-08-2012),pene  (01-08-2012),VicPark  (01-08-2012)

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I guess you can look at it a few differnt ways, one that its weird and wrong like you have, Or it could just be a pic that her BF took of the two of them that she likes, she may just think its a cool pic, She may be showing her BF that she likes his son.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

pene  (01-08-2012),~ElectricPink~  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh I agree OP! This would make me SEETHE!!!!!!!!!!
    I would have messaged her too.
    I would message him too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulmama2b For This Useful Post:

pene  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Regardless of her relationship to you I would have a problem with anyone putting photos of my child up on a social networking site without my permission. Organisations etc have to get parental permission to put a childs photo up I don't see why this would be any different. She may have had the fathers permission but I still don't like it without both parents consenting to this.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

MummysYellowCar  (01-08-2012),pene  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would it still bother you if you DID like her?

I agree it might just be a pic that she likes and is trying to show your ex that she is cool with his (and your) son. Im sure it wouldnt be her profile pic for long anyway and you may have just given her the reaction she was wanting out of you!!

I dont know what i would think if i saw this though.... i havent yet had too. Im sure if i liked my FOB's gf i'd be cool with it. If i didnt like her, sure i'd be annoyed but i dont think i'd ask her to take it down.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

pene  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eek I would flip too, although not sure much can be done since FOB would probably allow it?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallflower For This Useful Post:

disco86  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd be pretty mad too. I think whenever you put photo's up of other peoples children on FB you should ask their parents permission, BOTH their parents.

I'd be furious actually. You probably can't do much about it, but putting it up as her profile pic is really inappropriate. You must have had steam coming out of your ears when you saw it!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

pene  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd possibly be wary of confronting her and your ex about it but if you do have a strong objection about the image of your child being used in someone else's profile picture you could report it to Facebook and request they remove it? The consequence you would face with that (and any form of confronting her) is that she will most likely block you altogether and you will have no knowledge at all what she is posting.

My ex & I had quite a falling out over FB pictures; we've now both blocked each other and we don't share pictures except for kindy photos - he has his own memories and I have mine. I only wish we hadn't argued at all over FB pictures as now I don't get to see any of his photos of DS.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MummysYellowCar For This Useful Post:

pene  (01-08-2012)