+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Dr told me to rest - how much is enough?

Hi ladies,
    I'm 11 weeks 3 days, and Yesterday I had brown discharge all day and my Dr told me to take today off work to rest. I've just been lying on the lounge all day, but wondering whether it's ok to prepare dinner tonight, like is there some kind of time limit to how long I should be on my feet while resting ? The annoying thing is that I feel great today so would love to give the house a big clean, but obviously I know that's not resting haha!

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It depends on what your doctor said. Did he say 'rest' or 'bed rest'? If he said 'bed rest' no it is not okay to prepare dinner.

What kind of work do you do? Is it physical or stressful?

Rest doesn't just mean physically taking it easy, it means mentally taking it easy aswell. I

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No the doctor didn't say bed rest, just rest.

I work in an office so am sitting down all day. Physically it's fine but it's sometimes mentally tiring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It is entirely up to you. If i were you i'd be taking doctor's orders for this one and sit on my bum as much as i can. If anything should happen for the worst *touch wood* id be kicking myself and hating myself for not taking it easy when i was told to. Take advantage of this rest period because once bub's is here, believe me you dont have time to scratch yourself let alone think about preparing dinner nor have the energy left over for housework.
    Housework doesnt go anywhere. Listen to your body - it is telling you something so tune in and take care of it.
    I am very good at tuning into my body with this 2nd pregnancy. When a bad spell hits me - and it really hits me with fatigue, belly aches pains and headache
    all at once without warning! It usually takes me 2-3 days to feel ok again. If i feel better day 2, i take it reall easy - no work, no shower, stay in pj's, quiet play with dd all day and i nap when she does. Day 3 im usually ok but i make sure im well rested, hydrated and eating properly. Housework can go to hell on my bad days. My baby is so much more important.
    You are growing a baby - you body is supporting two of you now and going thru alot of changes. Look after yourself please.
    Goodluck with your pregnancy and all the best
    Last edited by Hunkamunka; 01-08-2012 at 12:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can not stress enough to rest.
    If doctor says to rest you rest. Do not prepare dinner put your feet up lay on the lounge and don't move.
    I had spotting in my pregnancy and was told to rest also and I didn't.
    The further you get alone the more you will need to rest so get your OH to start helping you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The housework isn't going anywhere, sit on your bum and rest

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice, I've taken it on board and have only got up to go to the bathroom or get food / drink. Unfortunately the spotting is still happening (brown though) so have an ultrasound booked for 4:30. Let's hope everything is ok!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I've taken it on board and have only got up to go to the bathroom or get food / drink. Unfortunately the spotting is still happening (brown though) so have an ultrasound booked for 4:30. Let's hope everything is ok!
    Thinking of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got back from my ultrasound, saw bub literally bouncing around and waving and heard a big strong heartbeat. The ultrasound lady said the bleeding could have been a burst cyst on my ovary or just my placenta being pulled up with my cervix or something, but couldn't see anything at all wrong with bubba :-)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news!