+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default is this normal?

hi all, hoping you can shed some light/ share your experiences/thoughts for me... since Monday afternoon/evening I have had really bad back pain... a constant aching in my lower back that was worse after sitting down and then standing but eased a little after walking... but only a little... and then yesterday I started getting cramping like feeling in my stomach... more in the lower section (kind of like period pains but not) if that makes sense? I have also had loose bowel movements that started yesterday and again today (sorry tmi) and my tummy is very sensitive too... I feel a bit better today then I did yesterday but still don't feel quiet right... is this normal? and just my body getting prepared for labour? or is this something else? I have docs apt this afternoon with my gp just incase... but thought id post here too... oh and im 33 weeks pregnant today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emi, I had and alot of my friends had a gastro episode for a few days leading up the birth...apparently it is our body's way of getting ready for the birth BUT at 33 weeks it might be a bit early...maybe the baby is moving around a lot..I know people have had pain when the baby is positioned in the posterior position, do you know which way your baby is facing...

The pains might also be braxton hicks - hopefully it is just nothing but maybe mention it at your next drs appoint.. Good luck with everything...not long now..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi i just thought i would reply to your post.
    I have already had my baby 5 weeks ago but I can say at 33 weeks pregnant its way to early for labour.
    I had these symptoms when I was pregnant and it was just the baby moving down into my pelvis.
    The pains sound like Braxton hicks so no need to worry.

I can tell you that you will know what labour pains feel like. I can't tell you that before I was due to go into labour I went walking all day one weekend and then went grocery shopping, I said to my partner that there is a lot of pressure and cramps while grocery shopping once we got home, went to mother in laws house and my waters broke and I didn't hear a pop or anything I just got a really sharp pain and that was me running for the toilet.
    Then I have birth on Wednesday afternoon. I would say that your body will start getting prepared in the next few weeks but monitor the pains. Remember to drink lots of water if you are having diarrhea you don't want to end up dehydrated.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry just a little note, it is not to early to go into labour, it is too early for bubs to be ready for labour. I dont know the signs of going into labour, i have given up trying to analise my cramps. If they get worse and the pain more intense go and get checked if not wait for this afternoons appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks for your replies everyone!!! baby is head down with its back side against my right side... doc thinks that baby is just pushing u under my ribs and that it is causing reffered pain.... she also said to keep an eye on things and if they get worse to go back and get checked... she said tha cramps are not associoated wit hthe tightenings at all and that the runs might just be a bit of a virus my body is fighting off... so we will wait and see... she said it isn't too early to go into labour but it would be better if it didn't happen now... and I agree