+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Only for sewing projects and a couple of cotton dresses that don't sit right unless they're ironed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is this strange contraption you speak of? I am sure I don't have one...at least I don't think I do.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to onionskin For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have one, but I REFUSE to iron

DH irons his shirts for work, that's all it gets used for!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I iron. Not heaps but the ironing board comes out nearly every night and I'll spend 5 minutes ironing everyone's clothes for the next day.
    a) we simply don't have the hanging space to hang everything up so it doesn't get crushed.
    b) no matter how tidy I try and keep the kids drawers they mess them up and clothes get thrown around so then they end up terribly crushed.
    c) I hate the 'unironed' look when people are wearing crushed clothes. Slightly crushed I get it, after a few minutes the creases go away due to your body heat but shirts that are really badly crushed stay unironed looking for the whole day. It's an awful look and unironed jeans (with obvious creases) is the worst look ever. I hate the 'unironed look.' Ironing every night before the next day is the best for me...I would never get through an ironing pile and it only takes a few minutes and I assess each item after it has been pulled out of the drawer/cupboard and can see if it will need ironing or not.

I also have the worlds worst dryer...it steam dries everything so everything comes out of it in a teent tiny, crushed beyond all belief ball of material. I hate it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have an iron. No ironing board.
    I do not iron, I live a Creasy filled life.
    Only thing I would iron if I could, would be uniforms.

My Mum goes nuts over creases. She finds ironing therapeutic and does it for 4hrs every Sunday.

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sure I do. When dp is being a d0uche and needs a bit of hardening up I iron all his jocks with a little bit of starch. Is that passive aggressive or just biatchiness?

Otherwise I only iron if we're going out. Most of our clothes enjoy the textured look

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Only when I absolutely have to eg. going to a wedding, or the item of clothing has so many creases I can't possibly get away with not ironing. Lol.

My DP's parents iron everything! Seriously his mum has spent about 3 hours ironing because it has to be perfect. She irons underwear and singlets too! I couldn't believe it.

DP works as an apprentice so his clothed are covered in old paint anyway. No one cares if they're ironed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    So do ours! I nearly didn't send them there when I saw the uniforms. The dryer does a great job...and the boys know how to use the iron :P

MissMuppet, same! Same with dishes...
    I have no dryer. Normally I iron once a week, she has a uniform for each day, but in winter I iron while she has a shower so she can get out of the warm shower and into warm cothes. Underwear and tracksuit included.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rarely.

I get my work clothes dry cleaned and pressed.

DH irons his own work shirts.

Most of my casual clothes are ones that don't need ironing (e.g., jeans and jumpers).

DD is only 2, and none of her clothes have needed ironing yet.

Occasionally I'll buy a dress or something that I have to iron before wearing, but I usually kick myself for doing that! It's enough to put me off buying something, if it needs ironing.

Our last cleaning lady did ironing too, but unfortunately our current one doesn't.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ugh, ironing is the bane of my existence. I do it only when absolutely necessary, which means at least once a week for uniforms.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast