+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for your replies , my DH said if it is registered he beleives there is nothing you can do as it is on council property...i beleive that is to be the case (undestand that, just wished they would park the cars that MOVE from in front of there place instead of having this one stationed infront of mine....

i wouldnt call the cops for a council issue.... as i know its next doors car... we are in NSW, i will give it a few more days then call the council in regards to 'abandoned' cars... (knowing my luck next door proberly works for the council!!)

i am going to try and keep a watch for when the bin man when he comes, coz i am sure this would annoy him too.. (the street is narrow) so i can tell him, its not mine dont care if you hit it!! its abandoned and have no idea who owns it! LOL

In regards to the kids outside, they would just be on the driveway,wont go on the road (we have a decent size one) kids are pretty good like that and our street is quiet, i just think it might make them think into where they are parking it....

(a few days ago we went to the letter box, and i saw someone come out next door house and told my DD to quickly run over near the car and not touch it , as we were going to the letter box so near the car anyways, so i could say stay away from it don't touch it! kids will be kids.... but still they don't give a sh!t!)

the thing that fustrates more is the fact these neighbours are not young, they are older then my parents (in early 60's, or just hada rough live!) and thought that gerneration was brought up with more respect, and a bit more common sense... (not that this gerneration is bad but the attitude from SOME OMG is bad, they know it all)..

i regards to tape, i know i would get caught!, neigbours here have nothing to do (we are the youngest here in the street, so those who have kids have teenages now) and for some reason the neighbours know more about MY life then what i know!!!

ahh it turned out to be another vent!!!
    any more ideas would be great!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Last edited by Guest1234; 01-08-2012 at 09:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You could print up a letter, stick it under their windscreen wiper and make it look like it was from your local council saying that parking there consistently is breaching by-law 49 section C paragraph 2 (make something up, throw in blocking the garbo man, postie and illegal use of council property without a permit) and failure to adhere to this notice will result in heavy fines and/or removal of the vehicle at a cost to them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkplease3 For This Useful Post:

Becks23  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just because it has plates doesnt mean its regod!! Call the council!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks so much for all your responses, it makes me feel 'normal' that others get the sh!ts as well if this was to happen to them...

i would like to thank you all for your idea's alot sound so great. checky devils!!!

Thankyou Bell & Bug for the links.. by reading them i have nothing to stand on. there is no signs in our area to state about parking... and there car is on the road (even thou you have to drive on the other side of the road to avoid it; street doesnt have lines in the middle of the road so its all about trying to keep left basiscally...)

I want summer time to come NOW so my grass can be nice and long so i can mess up there car due to 'having' to cut my grass to keep it tidy. hehehehehe

Becks23 is offline thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen
    Thanks
    Reviews
    At our old place out neighbors parked on our lawn on our side of the fence weird. They actually thought it was their right um no. Call the council they surely can do something.
    Best of luck to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLittlePrincess View Post
    thanks so much for all your responses, it makes me feel 'normal' that others get the sh!ts as well if this was to happen to them...

i would like to thank you all for your idea's alot sound so great. checky devils!!!

Thankyou Bell & Bug for the links.. by reading them i have nothing to stand on. there is no signs in our area to state about parking... and there car is on the road (even thou you have to drive on the other side of the road to avoid it; street doesnt have lines in the middle of the road so its all about trying to keep left basiscally...)

I want summer time to come NOW so my grass can be nice and long so i can mess up there car due to 'having' to cut my grass to keep it tidy. hehehehehe
    If its obstructing traffic, you do have something to stand on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stop being so passive aggressive!

Don't get your children involved!

Don't do something silly to the car, cause all you may get out of it is a neighbourhood war!

Step1 - Walk over to neighbour (or leave a nice note on nice paper) requesting the car be parked in such a fashion that 2 cars can squeeze in. (you could try being super nice to neighbour for a week or so first, so they are more inclined to 'help you out').

Step 2 - If no result within 5 -7 days, call the council, noting your request for them to move to allow more parking.

Step 3 - If still nothing, (wait about a month) either make another complaint or petition the council for parking restrictions.

Don't project 'feelings' onto your neighbour, assuming they are doing these actions to annoy you. They probably have no idea what they are doing is getting up your nose!

To them, they probably think 'oh, that neighbour never uses that part of the road for parking. Yay, I can'.
    Last edited by MsImpatient; 01-08-2012 at 14:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsImpatient View Post
    Stop being so passive aggressive!

Don't get your children involved!

Don't do something silly to the car, cause all you may get out of it is a neighbourhood war!

Step1 - Walk over to neighbour (or leave a nice note on nice paper) requesting the car be parked in such a fashion that 2 cars can squeeze in. (you could try being super nice to neighbour for a week or so first, so they are more inclined to 'help you out').

Step 2 - If no result within 5 -7 days, call the council, noting your request for them to move to allow more parking.

Step 3 - If still nothing, (wait about a month) either make another complaint or petition the council for parking restrictions.

Don't project 'feelings' onto your neighbour, assuming they are doing these actions to annoy you. They probably have no idea what they are doing is getting up your nose!

To them, they probably think 'oh, that neighbour never uses that part of the road for parking. Yay, I can'.
    1.I am not planning on doing anything to the car, I never said I would. I thought other peoples ideas are cheeky but I couldn't damage other people stuff.

2. If I have to cut the grass I will be cutting it even if clippings go onto there car as it's in the way to "maintain" our property.

3. My kids have a right to be in our front yard to play even if it is running to the letterbox to get mail....

4. We do have "friends" as well that visit on a regular basis... That 1 may need to park else if we have more then 2 friends over. As our drive way holds 4cars...

4. It's not like they moved here a few months ago... They have been here a few years and know people visit us and also park when visiting but my friend cars leave!

5. IMO the attitude of "they don't know and it's fine to park there as no one parks there" well if thats the case why dont they park a car that moves in front of my place instead of this stationed one... 5 cars they have and 4 are hardly home..... its common sense... And out of respect of your nighbours....

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub
    Last edited by MyLittlePrincess; 01-08-2012 at 14:56.