+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pap smear in first trimester??

Hello everyone!

I have come here For advice as I am sitting here anxiously chewing my nails and I figure typing might distract me for a little while.

I'm 10 weeks + 5 days pregnant with my second child and have gone to my first ob/gyn appointment yesterday. Obviously she looked over me and looked at the baby etc but she also performed a pap smear. I was told nothing about possible cramping or bleeding although I know it can sometimes occur after a pap.

Tonight I have gone to the bathroom and I have some brownish pinky spotting so naturally I'm having a small heart attack and thinking about sleeping on my head.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?? I know it's always a wait and see game but I am just flipping out about this!!!!

Thanks

Linda

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

i would ring your ob and get it checked.

My story didn't end well, I am sure there many stories that did. You have a very small chance of a miscarriage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Linda. Same thing happened to me at my 10 week appointment in my 2nd pregnancy. I didn't know you could have a pap smear but my OB insisted. I was ok and the spotting was nothing but you should call your doctor tomorrow. If you are really worried then have her paged tonight. You're completely entitled to have a chat and put your mind at rest. Most OBs would prefer you call than worry.

Good luck. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also had a pap smear at about 9 wks. My doctor did say that I might have some spotting because everything is more fragile during pregnancy but I didn't have any.

If you are worried, I would definitely go back and get them to do a scan to check. I'm sure all will be ok though.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one at 5 weeks and had spotting on and off. I thought we were miscarrying again but everything was ok. Speak to your ob to be safe. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I said no to my ob because I was petrified of miscarriage. He was very good and even agreed it could be done later. I am so glad we did because Ive had spotting and one massive bleed.
    So, Id be calling the ob and just see how you feel. They are there to be called!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so far I am feeling reassured!! This is good!! I will monitor and possibly call my ob in the morning if it's still going! Thank you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Dr checked the dates I was due for one and simply said no reason it can't wait until afterwards. Hope all is ok for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had it done with 2 pregnancies and no worries here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please go to the emergency room and get it checked out, not that it 'IS' anything bad. But if it was you would be in safe hands. My OBYN and GP advised against pap smears while pregnant honey, I was told only breast examinations. Hope your okay x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanzanite For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (31-07-2012)