+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milktini View Post
    Cass, have you thought of admitting yourself? I've been following your posts and it seems like your in a downward spiral. It doesn't sound like your current psych is offering you much in the way of help and phone lines and even here on BH we can only offer so much support. Maybe you could admit yourself to you hospital, you'll receive daily councelling and all other kinds of support and they will be able to discuss proper medication for yourself. They will also provide meals and make sure your getting what you need. I know it doesn't sound like an ideal plan, but it's not something to be ashamed of, I've been to the ward a few times when I was younger and they really are there to help you and will be able to help get you back on your feet while offering you a stable environment and support. I hate to read that your going through such a tough time and really wish I was able to do more. Take care of yourself
    I agree with this 110%

2. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

WorkingClassMum  (03-08-2012)

Adelaide foothills
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I cannot eat. I was told today I have lost weight, I am already thin. I have no energy to do anything. . I haven't eaten anything (well hardly anything) for about 2 weeks. All I want to do is cry all the time. Life sucks. I want to die.
    OP, I hear you. I also hear you about the psychologist. That was me.

It's not that I didn't WANT to eat, I COULDN'T eat. Any time I put a morsel in my mouth my body would revolt and I would gag. Making someone eat only causes further stress and compounds the problem. I saw a doctor and was prescribed with medication that assisted me with getting back on track.

And as for the kids, well they didn't factor. 'Doing it for the kids' just wasn't an option for me...I was in a void.

If I could make a suggestion? Not sure it will work as everyone's different but for me, I drank Sustagen. I could just stomach it. My DH eventually got me the hospital grade stuff from the chemist but I started out with that dutch chocolate stuff you get at the supermarket...it's about $6 a tin. I beefed it up with silken tofu ($2) as it's flavourless and full of protein which not only made the drink more nutritious but thickened it to a lovely consistency.

Just an idea.

Mate, I truly hope today is a better one for you. Please keep going.