+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There is some really great advice here. I hope u feel better soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    The psychologist can not prescribe you medication anyway. Only a doctor. Unless you are seeing a psychiatrist.
    This is exactly right, a psychologists job is purely to talk, they are not medically trained to prescribe medication.

Cassie, in march this year I did try to kill myself, I gave my daughter away and took over 30 strong medications, I can't even name all that I took that night. I hadn't slept or eaten in over 2 weeks, I spent all my time in bed, I couldn't even get out of my car to collect DD from school and we lived on the worst diet imaginable.

The next day when I woke up after a 16 hour sleep I rang my mum and told it that was it, I didn't want to be a mum any more, I didnt want this life anymore, I didnt want to be the single mum with an STD for the rest of my life after my ex raped me.

She took me straight to my GP and explained everything, she (the GP) then rang the local CAT team, these are professionals who deal with this on a daily basis, if the local pysch hospital wasn't full I would of been admitted that day.

Instead they offered in home care, I had them visit me on a daily basis, including psychologists to talk, a psychiatrist who prescribed me medication and a nurse who monitored me, they came out for a month to check on me until I was stable.

I have bipolar, I am now on anti depressants, mood stabilisers, and valiums for my anxiety attacks.

They where then able to refer me on to many services available to me as a single mum.

The best thing they gave me was a referral to Connections, who then gave me a case worker who is associated with DHS to help DD and I. Not once have I been at risk of losing her, they help me in everything, if I'm having a bad day I can call her just for a chat.

We now have plans in place for DD and I to give us the life I always wanted that I thought would never happen, and 4 months on, I am a million times better, I know life is worth living.

You NEED to make the first step though and see your GP, tell them how you feel, demand they help you, yes you may need a short stay in a pysch ward but I assure you, once you admit you are at rock bottom and need help, they will help, you just need to ask!

3. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

2Bboys  (02-08-2012),AngelicOne  (03-08-2012),BornToBe  (02-08-2012),Eko  (02-08-2012),emzluvbub  (02-08-2012),ForeverMine  (01-08-2012),ICanDream  (02-08-2012),LoveLivesHere  (02-08-2012),Mod-Myztik  (01-08-2012),Purple Lily  (02-08-2012),share a book  (02-08-2012),sweetsugardumplin'  (09-08-2012),twotrunks  (08-08-2012),Uh-Oh  (02-08-2012),Zombie_eyes  (02-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey cass how you going today x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2bubba View Post
    I have depression. a lot of things going on in my life with my kids, moving, stuff with my boyfriend. I cannot eat. I was told today I have lost weight, I am already thin. I have no energy to do anything. . I haven't eaten anything (well hardly anything) for about 2 weeks. All I want to do is cry all the time. Life sucks. I want to die.
    I haven't read all the posts. I just wanted to send hug and tell you this is exactly how I'm feeling. I can't be alone or I start crying. Life is getting real hard. PM me I you like

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Cass, I was just wondering how things are going, especially seeing as your man is moving away. Any decisions from you on that front?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (02-08-2012)

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been where you are a few times now and I agree with others saying you need ADs, yes they take a little while to work but one day you won't be able to remember feeling like this. They do work wonders for most people. Hope you are getting some help and doing better xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    How are you going Cassie? xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have only just seen this thread. Cassie - your kids need YOU and they need you to care about yourself. Your exBF is a soul sucking creep you are better off without him.

You CAN do this.

Please see your GP again ASAP. You don't need an appointment, just go there and explain how you feel.

There is NO shame in seeking help.

Please ring Lifeline 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue 1300 22 46 36 or even go to Dandenong ED

i know when I was severely depressed I finally started eating it was childhood comfort foods, what was your most favourite food as a child?

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (02-08-2012),Mod-Myztik  (02-08-2012),OJandMe  (03-08-2012),share a book  (02-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    I have only just seen this thread. Cassie - your kids need YOU and they need you to care about yourself. Your exBF is a soul sucking creep you are better off without him.

You CAN do this.

Please see your GP again ASAP. You don't need an appointment, just go there and explain how you feel.

There is NO shame in seeking help.

Please ring Lifeline 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue 1300 22 46 36 or even go to Dandenong ED

i know when I was severely depressed I finally started eating it was childhood comfort foods, what was your most favourite food as a child?
    Exboyfriend? Oh that's great news Cassie, I'm glad you gave decided to put your kids and life here before him and not move. Hugs.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (02-08-2012),Stiflers Mom  (02-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum2bubba,
    Sorry to hear you are feeling like this.
    My first question is in regards to wanting to die, are the thoughts constant or come and go? Do you have a plan?
    If they are constant and/or you have developed some type of plan, please please go to a & e or at least call lifeline or health direct.
    I assure you, no one will judge you for trying to get healthy

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SeymourTheBear For This Useful Post:

share a book  (02-08-2012)