+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Wdyt?

I was at playgroup this morning and went and stood next to a person I've made friends with who is about 34 weeks pregnant and overheard her ask this other mother what she did to her face as she had a bandage on her cheek.. and the other mother goes "Oh I've got Shingles.. I get it quite a lot" and than started talking about it. After she walked away I said to my friend "I'd be careful if I were you.. stay the hell away from her.. she's got the chicken pox virus and that is extremely dangerous to unborn babies". My friend got worried and washed her hands and stuff because the mother had given her a belly belt which she obviously had her hands all over.. and she went asked the other mothers if she would be okay and they were all like "Yeah of course you will.. as if she was stupid for asking". I sort of just went ok maybe i don't know what I'm talking about than. I said she has a low chance of catching it anyway if she's had chicken pox but still!! Anyway I just got a call from my pregnant friend who said she looked it up and does say it's dangerous and to go and see a GP straight away if she's been around anyone with Shingles. Why the hell would you go to a playgroup with SHINGLES?!?!!? I don't know if people realise this but chicken pox is worse than what people think it is... for example, in some people it can make them sterile. I have Shaun there who is only 6 months ffs. I kept him away from everyone though so thank god for that.

Last edited by Renesme; 31-07-2012 at 16:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So bad, some people are either ignorant or they just don't care. Either way it is a really selfish way to behave.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't know that shingles was chicken pox?

If I were your friend I'd be very grateful you told me!

Are you sure it's chicken pox? How could the other mother get it 'all the time' if it is?

I'm a bit bias because I get peeved when any infectious person goes somewhere where they know bubs & pregnant mums will be. Anything more then runny nose & we stay home. So should everyone else. :eyes:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some people are just idiots and have no idea. I get annoyed when people come with green snotty noses, I'd furious if someone turned up with shingles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSudgestionator View Post
    I didn't know that shingles was chicken pox?

If I were your friend I'd be very grateful you told me!

Are you sure it's chicken pox? How could the other mother get it 'all the time' if it is?

I'm a bit bias because I get peeved when any infectious person goes somewhere where they know bubs & pregnant mums will be. Anything more then runny nose & we stay home. So should everyone else. :eyes:
    Shingles is the chicken pox virus that some adults get after they have had chicken pox once. Usually reget it when they are stressed or sick or rundown.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (01-08-2012)

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some people just don't know that Shingles is Chicken pox Virus.

Also having chicken pox has not indication on shingles.. I know people who have had shingles without pox, any my father could not hold the pox resistance and had it 3 times before he left school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefooted View Post
    Some people just don't know that Shingles is Chicken pox Virus.

Also having chicken pox has not indication on shingles.. I know people who have had shingles without pox, any my father could not hold the pox resistance and had it 3 times before he left school.
    Very true.. this woman however knew that it was part of the chicken pox virus because she started talking about it. If she were naive I could be a bit more forgiving =\

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The fact she said she gets it all the time makes me think it isn't actually shingles - rather it is some sort of rash she gets frequently and calls shingles.

I really hope this is the case, anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    The fact she said she gets it all the time makes me think it isn't actually shingles - rather it is some sort of rash she gets frequently and calls shingles.

I really hope this is the case, anyway.
    I think she's just exaggerating about getting it frequently. My father used to get it quite a lot (about twice a year for a while) but hasn't had it in ages. I hope it wasn't shingles but the main point being she thinks she has shingles which is the chicken pox virus and is attending a playgroup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Is shingles contagious or is it just a recurrence of the spots/symptoms? My FIL had shingles recently and told us not to come over.

I don't understand why somebody would go to playgroup while unwell. It's rather bizarre really. Why risk getting everyone else and their kids sick? I can understand people go to the supermarket etc while sick but heck we need to eat. Nobody 'needs' to go to playgroup.