+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    I have used MCN's from when DS was 3 weeks old. He's now 2,5 and no interest in toilet training yet. So he's still mostly in MCN's.

I have made a bunch of microfiber liners to keep his bum extra dry. I just shake out the poo in the toilet and put the nappy in the nappy bucket.
    I wash nappies every 2nd day. I also do a cold rinse cycle before washing to get rid of urine smells. People who have bought used nappies off me, have all been impressed with the lack of a urine smell in my nappies.
    I NEVER wash my nappies over 40 degrees as this will shorten the life of the elastics. This is the same reason why you should avoid drying nappies in a dryer, too often.
    I perfer to dry mine in the sun to disinfect and keep the inners nice and bright.
    When it rains, I put them on a clothes horse in the livingroom.

I used to wash my nappies with Rocking Green, but I found this to be a rather expensive detergent. I then went over to Ecostore Laundry Soaker (buy it at Woolworths) and have never looked back.
    When DS was a bit younger, I had well over 130 nappies and more than 50 of them were custom made nappies with an impressive price tag. Even those nappies I washed with the Ecostore stuff.

Do you have any tips for keeping them soft if you don't use the dryer?

My nappies get really stiff and when I asked the people company I purchased them from they just said to try the dryer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have not had a lot of problems with nappies being stiff. Only once did I have some crunchy Itti Bitties and I added a little vinegar to my rinse cycle which fixed the problem. Just try to wash at a low temperature (under 40 degrees) and not to use too much detergent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will give that a go! Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I find putting mine under the roof awning helps keep them soft they still get sun but not until the afternoon, I was to if they dry to quickly the bamboo becomes stiff. Also putting them in a bag with something like a ball and throwing it around softens them up.

I was mine at the end of the 2nd - 3rd day and hang out that night so they have a long time out there drying. Finding out what water type you have will help you decide what to wash them in, we have really hard water so I use lectric soda to soften it which also helps soften the boosters.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help becandbub!

Hi becandbub. I know that this is an old thread, so I'm hoping you're still a active member.
    Can I please ask what ratio is your mix of Ecostore Soaker to Lectric washing soda to make this nappy washing powder? I'm very interested to try this recipe out! Thanks in advance. 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    I use eco store soaker powder mixed with lectric soda - it ends up the same as Rock n Green. Never an issue with my nappies, though I do a quarterly strip wash (2-3 drops of dishwashing liquid). I wash every 2 days apart from the days after vaccinations or anytime dd has had panadol, when i wash daily.
    Hi becandbub. I know that this is an old thread, so I'm hoping you're still a active member.
    Can I please ask what ratio is your mix of Ecostore Soaker to Lectric washing soda to make this nappy washing powder? I'm very interested to try this recipe out! Thanks in advance. 😊

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    @DianneWhitty this may not be quite what you are after but I use Ecostore powder own it's on and it works well. I put the nappies through a rinse cycle first to make sure nappies are soaked through as we have a front loader.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

DianneWhitty  (05-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Modern Cloth Nappy Care!!

I use 'aware' sensitive from Coles. It's low allergy, no fragrance, no enzymes, no phosphorus, no optical brighteners. I only use half a tablespoon per wash (1/4 of the usual amount). I also do a rinse first for 6 mins then add the rest of bubs clothes etc and wash.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lozby For This Useful Post:

DianneWhitty  (05-03-2016)