Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleB View Post
    Ahhh I *knew* it did this but DH keeps saying that I am thinking of a different one! Please tell me how??
    Never mind I worked it out! Stupid DH!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gro egg, is made by gro bag and gives temp of bubs room and changes colour to help you know whether it is too hot or cold etc. Google them, best thing hubby brought bub!! Highly recommend them. I just need a monitor as well, am thinking about oricom seriously now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ally3012 For This Useful Post:

Zanne  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the s700 which was great.
    It became faulty after a year and parts got replaced a few times then I just gave up. I ended up getting the Roger Armstrong Video Monitor RA4500.

This one is fantastic! They sell at Target for $199 but I got mine for $150 online.
    If your interested, pm me and I'll give you details.

It has all the same features as the Oricom S700 but with 200metre range instead of 100m.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WishingMissy84 View Post
    I had the s700 which was great.
    It became faulty after a year and parts got replaced a few times then I just gave up. I ended up getting the Roger Armstrong Video Monitor RA4500.

This one is fantastic! They sell at Target for $199 but I got mine for $150 online.
    If your interested, pm me and I'll give you details.

It has all the same features as the Oricom S700 but with 200metre range instead of 100m.
    How's the battery life on the Roger Armstrong? I opted for the oricom coz thought the video quality was better, but I've had to replace the battery 3 times in the last year and I'm over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyaboutbubs View Post
    I've been looking at an Oricom.. My one question is.. How long does the battery last? We were babysitting our nephew and it only lasted 3 hours tops! They just had the temperature one.. We are looking at the video one.. But not sure how useful it will be if the battery doesn't last long.
    I leave ours (not the video one) plugged 99% of the time. It sits in the charger and plugs in to the power, this way whenever I do need to pick it up and walk around/outside with it it is fully charged. If I have it in the lounge before I go to bed the battery has lasted 4 - 5 hours without any hassle and then it is on the charger all night, which is plugged in in our bedroom.

If I had a video one and was using it during the day I would just leave it plugged it in the kitchen/main living area etc so the battery was always charged and ready to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, my Oricom has a 3 year warranty. We haven't had to use it and we've had the monitor about 18 months now without any issues. The sounds is very sensitive and picks up the slightest noise she makes - which is what I love about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the target brand video monitor. We've had one for 2 years and it is still working really well. They about $199 full price but they have them in sale every now and the for half price!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jo,
    The battery life on the Roger Armstrong RA4500 is great, much better I found than the oricom. I had issues with the oricom batteries that even on charge the monitor would stay on all night even if there was no noise. I haven't had any issues with the RA.
    Oricom comes with 3 year warranty and I used it within 8 months. RA only has 12 months but haven't had to use it. I love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome, thanks for that. Might look into it for bub no.2.. Rather than keep spending the money on batteries every few months!