+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Me too! It's not as though I can make a hollandaise sauce in it... *sigh*
    I made an egg, dairy, wheat free chocolate cake yesterday and because I didn't follow a theeeermomix recipe, the flat, vile piece of cr@p ended up in the bin..
    I know some thermo people use kidney beans in wheat/gluten free cupcakes/cakes. It makes me want to throw up but apparently it really works.

For the risotto/chicken thing/steamed sausages did you use the recipe book? If you did that would seriously put me off.

I went to a demo and the food was divine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have one. I have had it for maybe 2 months. Don't use it heaps I admit.
    The anzac biscuits are good, mushroom risotto is nice, pizza dough is good. Still sorting out the best amount of time to knead bread for to get it not tough.
    Butter chicken wasn't butter chicken at all, it was fairly nice, just not butter chicken. Mashed potatoes are good, butter is good but it doesn't keep for a huge length of time and there is only 2 of use so it's not real economical to make it that way.

Still haven't had a huge chance to play with it really. MIL loves hers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So who wants to sell me theirs cheap then?? I want one so bad, but just don't have the cash at the moment lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (01-08-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by squishie View Post
    So who wants to sell me theirs cheap then?? I want one so bad, but just don't have the cash at the moment lol
    And me I want one but will never ge able to afford it

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for this thread.

I was contemplating getting one with some unexpected tax money. But... I also need to save for a car so have been pouting about it all.

Totally knew it is not all its cracked up to be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm really struggling to understand the appeal of these? That said I've never been around one and don't know anyone with one. But what exactly makes it so amazing and worth so much money? Is it some kind of vault that you throw ingredients into and it spits out food 2 mins later?

So with the anzac biscuits, does it cook them too? I'm confused.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was contemplating getting one and was worried about all these things! Think I'll save my money and stick with ol' faithful slow cooker lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMama View Post
    I'm really struggling to understand the appeal of these? That said I've never been around one and don't know anyone with one. But what exactly makes it so amazing and worth so much money? Is it some kind of vault that you throw ingredients into and it spits out food 2 mins later?

So with the anzac biscuits, does it cook them too? I'm confused.
    I think if I was home all day in my sparkling clean and tidy house with no kids and had a endless supply of grains and ingredients and recipes. I would just bake and cook all day. It's hard to learn a new way of cooking at 31 years old with three kids and a workaholic husband (and studying part time).
    I KNOW how much all my friends love theirs though. One member who I am friends with on facebook is amazing with hers and has a food diary of all her cooking. She makes me cry she's so awesome and I am just rubbish!
    It just weighs, melts and mixes all the ingredients and then you have to put them in the oven like any other biscuit.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a demo today and the lady made strawberry slushie, dip, bread, risotto and chocolate custard. She was here for 1.5 hours and wasn't busy doing stuff the whole time. It was so quick!

She just threw the stuff in for the bread and then 2 min later it was ready to rest and then cook. I was amazed by the way she ground wheat up to make the flour for the bread! Also she said that she has used hers to turn a punnet of strawberries into a jar of jam...

The appeal for me is the ease of cooking with whole, natural foods. No icing sugar? Just grind up some raw sugar and make your own! Hungry for dessert? Whip up a slushie with a punnet of strawberries and some ice and a little bit of sugar!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think the slushie was the sorbet? They usually make a sorbet at the demos