+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I guess most people that have them other then being unsure of dates is for reassurance. I never had one with either of my earthside boys, but had one for my last pregnancy (HCG didn't match with dates) found out it was ectopic. And another this time at 8weeks because my GP wanted to make sure it was viable and not another ectopic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am having a dating scan not only because the dr ordered it but also coz I wanna see/hear it so I can believe this is truly happening!
    I also want to have something to give my mum when i finally break the news!
    I only know conception/due dates thanks to iPhone apps

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am looking forward to my dating scan next week to determine a more accurate due date/how many weeks pregnant I am! Can't come soon enough!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to my GP initially when I found I was pregnant, although he didn't believe that my long cycle meant I ovulated later than usual, and based my due date on LMP. He referred me back to the gyn/OB I had been seeing for fertility assistance (clomid), as apparently I needed an early scan to check for twins. The scan also confirmed what I knew about my due date being a week later. I did need 2 scans as the first was too early to tell. It was great to see the heartbeat and know there really was a baby there, after trying for years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by snooksbabymumma View Post
    I only know conception/due dates thanks to iPhone apps
    How great are the smartphone apps?!! I used OvuView for Android and I'm sure it helped me get pregnant. I was ovulating later than I realised and not DTD late enough in the cycle. The month I fell pregnant was the first month I relied solely on the dates the app gave me instead of trying every 2 days for 3+ weeks on end. I'd also kept notes on symptoms on the app so knew when I ovulated and when I had mild implantation symptoms, and when my PMS symptoms were lasting longer than 1 week I took a test and got an instant strong positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my first I had a dating scan as I had no AF since a MC so had no idea when conception occurred.

Second baby according to my LMP I was 5 weeks, dating scan said 8 weeks pregnant. I had AF after implantation so my dates were very wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First 2 babies were IVF, so I had the normal scan at 6 weeks to confirm viability etc. 3rd pregnancy was natural. I knew my LMP dates and opted NOT to have a dating scan but waited until I saw my Ob. She did a scan in her rooms at 8.5 weeks (i saw ob early as she was going to be away for 2 weeks) and we discovered bub had no heartbeat. I was devastated and so shocked as I was still having terrible morning sickness basically every waking minute. So, in hindsight i wish I did have the "dating" scan because we may have found out earlier that the pregnancy was not progressing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JWM View Post
    How great are the smartphone apps?!! I used OvuView for Android and I'm sure it helped me get pregnant. I was ovulating later than I realised and not DTD late enough in the cycle. The month I fell pregnant was the first month I relied solely on the dates the app gave me instead of trying every 2 days for 3+ weeks on end. I'd also kept notes on symptoms on the app so knew when I ovulated and when I had mild implantation symptoms, and when my PMS symptoms were lasting longer than 1 week I took a test and got an instant strong positive.
    First time I used them too! Gave me a bit more confidence in knowing what to do and where I was at

Thanks
    Reviews
    because your excited...... after trying for 18 months it didnt really feel real until i saw a scan. I dont understand why you would purposly avoid it if it was offered?

who doesnt want to see the begining of a new life happening inside of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JWM View Post
    I went to my GP initially when I found I was pregnant, although he didn't believe that my long cycle meant I ovulated later than usual, and based my due date on LMP. He referred me back to the gyn/OB I had been seeing for fertility assistance (clomid), as apparently I needed an early scan to check for twins. The scan also confirmed what I knew about my due date being a week later. I did need 2 scans as the first was too early to tell. It was great to see the heartbeat and know there really was a baby there, after trying for years.
    My GP too didnt believe my rough DD based on my long cycle, and put my DD a week before. My dating scan basically matched up to my original assessment. I know there's a margin for error here, but if I tell you I have a long cycle, I DO!!!

So I mostly had mine to clarify dates, but since it's my first bub, I would take every scan they offer just to see that everything is going well in there