+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was sure of my dates but wanted to see if there was actually a baby so we could start again sooner rather than later. I am glad i went because I discovered at 8w3d that there was a heartbeat but only 6 weeks growth. Started bleed 5 days later and us confirmed heartbeat had stopped. Foetus had hb for 3 weeks.
    This was last week and am still mcing. Anyway I am glad I didnt find out 4 weeks later. I just want to start again. I had a natural mc but would have had d&c if it had dragged out any longer. So this is so long!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went for dating scan as two earlier scans a week apart gave differing measurements, I initially had the scans to confirm implantation was in the correct spot (previous ectopic pregnancy resulting in one tube being removed). A scan confimred implantation but was to early to detect heart beat, second scan a week later detected heart beat but was measuring smaller than what it should. My third and 'official' dating scan confirmed dates and happened to be align with the second scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I also went as my previous pregnancy ended in missed miscarriage. It was an anxious wait to the 12 week so I wanted to make sure all was ok.

I was going to miss the 12 week scan but again, my anxiety took over and I had one just for peace of mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The doctor wanted me to go for one even though I knew my dates and the ob and midwives have chosen to use my LMP date instead of the ultrasound as the LMP date is more reliable, all my measurements have been spot on for the LMP date.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maple For This Useful Post:

Kaktuz  (03-08-2012)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With DS1 I had a dating scan because I had no idea how pregnant I was... I could have been 7 weeks or 11 weeks.

With DS3 and DD I had dating scans to confirm that the pregnancies weren't ectopic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because I'd suffered a previous missed miscarriage and didn't want a dead foetus inside me for nearly 5 weeks again.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to felicia81 For This Useful Post:

mousky  (31-07-2012),squirrelex  (02-08-2012),VicPark  (01-08-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by felicia81 View Post
    Because I'd suffered a previous missed miscarriage and didn't want a dead foetus inside me for nearly 5 weeks again.
    I'm sorry

The other reason is that up to 9 weeks growth is universal. After that babies grow at different rates. So even though you know your conception and implantation date doctors want to check.
    Some women know that date, but doctors don't trust us. It's only OUR bodies after all, we haven't lived with them all our levels or anything .

Also, sometimes weird stuff happens and you O a week later, no matter what's normal. The first 9 weeks are the only weeks that they can gauge age fairly accurately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because I hadn't had my period for years
    No idea how far along I was at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    #1 had no clue, I did everything I was told
    #2 I was breastfeeding and was not yet ovulating, she was my first ovulation
    #3 I did not have a clue, I was irregular

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going for one as I didn't get my period in May then got my "period" for two days in June. So dating scans can give you accuracy as to where u r!