+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had mine as I was told I was not ovulating and even though I thought I knew when I conceived I was out by a few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's amazing that as soon as you become pregnant, your body is automatically someone else's business. There are some very judgmental women here and it saddens me (btw I don't mean OP I believe it was an innocent question).

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mousky For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (04-08-2012),BigRedV  (04-08-2012),Eko  (06-08-2012),~Marigold~  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OP I just wanted to say what a train wreck this has become from what I believe was an innocent question. xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

BigRedV  (04-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To try and answer the OP, I had a "dating scan" with DD2 when I knew my exact dates. I had been tracking ovulation and knew I ovulated on cd24. I wanted a scan to confirm my edd as delivering in a private hospital I didn't want them thinking I was 10days late based on my LMP. As it was, dd2 was born 6days after my scan date, so imagine the interventions they would have been ramming down my throat had they gone off my LMP (would have been 16 days over due!!).

I guess, though, that I could have just lied to my GP about my dates in the first place.

It doesn't bother me for people to have dating scans or viability scans. I've also had a missed miscarry (picked up at my first OB appt at 11 1/2 weeks) so can't "trust my body" to tell me there is something wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wowee this must be a super emotive topic as so many people are taking it to heart. OP I would not have a scan unless I felt something was wrong, certainly not just because I was told to, or because it is routine. However I'm grateful that technology is accessible when or if I ever need it.
    That goes for all scans, dating, the NT scan, morphology etc.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I knew my dates, had dating scan and found out i was almost a month further along then i was dated at.

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Also id had lots of bleeding so we needed to check.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    I knew my dates, had dating scan and found out i was almost a month further along then i was dated at.

THIS

I had my period in april... felt exhausted in may so I took a pregnancy test, then took a digital one to confirm between then and the doctor's appointment. The digital one said I was 3+weeks... which actually meant my LMP was supposed to have been over 5 weeks ago...

Turns out I ovulated late and my little grub was conceived 3-4 weeks after my actual LAST period at the beginning of March! I was off by over 4 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't offered one with my first pregnancy. All was fine at a scan just under 12 weeks.

2nd pregnancy the paperwork said dating/viability scan which I got done at 8w3d, to avoid the 'well maybe it isn't far enough along to see a heartbeat' dilemma. Well it wasn't viable, so I'm glad I had the scan as it was a missed miscarriage.

I think I'll aim for a 7 week scan in future, for peace of mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow I have just read all of this thread. OMG what a touchy subject. At the end of the day if it gives us women and I am talking from no longer being pregnant. Peace of mind then that is our choice. Our bodies our decision. And if it is not requested by us and the doctors choose to do a dating scan then they are the one with the medical degree. My first post was I wasn't sure of dates as I was told I hadn't ovulated I also had a lot of abdominal pain to my side and ectopic was a possibilty I have issues with my tubes. I guess if a date scan is done at 6 weeks a heart beat may not be visible and may cause unneccessary stress and it is probably better to wait a few weeks. I thought I was 8 weeks along and was only 7 but heart beat was evident then. If its not one scan its another. I trusted my ob with my life so if he wanted to do a scan I know that is him acting as a professional ob/gyn.