+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    wow so now its not even ok to get dating scans. far out. dating scans are for more than just dates i want to know there's an alive baby in there that's growing as it should. i want peace of mind. if that's not important to you fine. don't have one. meanwhile ill have all the scans they offer me

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babybubbles For This Useful Post:

mousky  (02-08-2012),wigglemay  (02-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doctor sent me for a dating scan, and good thing too, considering based off my HCG levels, I was approx. 12 - 14 weeks, but I was really only 7!
    Not to mention that not all the MTB on bubhub were TTC.

Regardless, I'd do anything to see bubs little heart beat powering away, just so I know it is okay. So I don't blame any mother for wanting a check!

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Thanks jakois and delirium. I did not start this thread to be rude. I simply asked why someone would have a dating scan when they know their exact dates. I've seen heaps of people on here say exactly how far along they are, but still go for a "dating" scan so was just wondering what other reasons there were.
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Why on earth would anyone care if someone else got a dating scan?? The mind seriously boggles at some of the things people find to be annoyed about on bubhub. If it makes someone feel better then good- how lovely that someone can feel better with a little scan. It is hardly affecting you negatively in anyway??? So who cares?
    I haven't said I am annoyed?

And there are risks to ultrasounds, the American Medical Board actually recommends against ultrasounds for determining age of baby, sex, multiple pregnancy and position of baby.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think people use the term "dating.scan" as a generalisation really, just meaning an early scan done to check dates, bubs is in uterus not a tube, single or multiple preg, heartbeat present, and the list goes on. I think its more of a terminology issue (although dates ARE confirmed at every scan so maybe theyre all dating scans?what? Ok im just being silly now, i get too literal when im tired)

Im sure the op didnt mean any offence. Hope everyone is having a happy stress free day. Yay for friday tomoro xo

Sent from my GT-N7000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I alway skip the 12 week scan and wait for the 20 week one to check everything out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    And there are risks to ultrasounds, the American Medical Board actually recommends against ultrasounds for determining age of baby, sex, multiple pregnancy and position of baby.
    Are u quoting the article that quotes another article that quotes another article? Something written in 2009? If u look it up you'll see that in 2012 the American Medical Association has adopted the stance of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine that ultrasound technology is perfectly safe. That's the thing about the net, dig hard enough and u find enough "proof" for both sides of an argument.

Regardless, it's no ones concern why any woman chooses to have early scans - whether for dating or any other reason. Why can't u just be supportive of other women and their choices?

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jo7 For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (02-08-2012),Elijahs Mum  (02-08-2012),Guest654  (02-08-2012),mousky  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitePeach View Post
    I think people use the term "dating.scan" as a generalisation really, just meaning an early scan done to check dates, bubs is in uterus not a tube, single or multiple preg, heartbeat present, and the list goes on. I think its more of a terminology issue (although dates ARE confirmed at every scan so maybe theyre all dating scans?what? Ok im just being silly now, i get too literal when im tired)
    Exactly this! thank you!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jo7 For This Useful Post:

WhitePeach  (02-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    To confirm it was only one baby.

I have a family history of twins.
    Last edited by sunnymummy; 02-08-2012 at 18:39. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Ehm I would like to know as early as possible if my baby's position isn't favourable. Having no ultrasound to determine early that I am having an ectopic pregnancy, can lead to serious complications and even death. So I'd rather have an early U/S to check if everything is ok, than wait until it's too late.

Also, I would like to know if I am having twins so that I am not unpleasantly surprised and unexpectedly have to blow a budget on buying everything double.

But that's just me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

GuestMember  (02-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my misscarriages circumstances an ultrasound can affect the outcome!

I had a low implantation which will or will not result in misscarriage.

Things that affect the outcome include strenuous activity (by ob's orders i had to take it 'very easy')

I still lost my bub but by knowing i increased my chance of not loosing bub.

MY ob does not encourage multiple unnecessary scans as he believes there is no proof for or against the safety of scans (and thus prefers to use caution)

He gave me early u/s request with my ds as a direct result of my previous loss.

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub