+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Why on earth would anyone care if someone else got a dating scan?? The mind seriously boggles at some of the things people find to be annoyed about on bubhub. If it makes someone feel better then good- how lovely that someone can feel better with a little scan. It is hardly affecting you negatively in anyway??? So who cares?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

delirium  (02-08-2012),lambjam  (01-08-2012),mousky  (02-08-2012),Witwicky  (02-08-2012),~Marigold~  (02-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I wanted a 6ish week scan and was disappointed when my doctor didn't offer one (as I knew my dates, I had a calendar for the past 6 months with all the detail). I was very anxious until the 12 week scan where we saw a heartbeat.

I can understand why women get 'dating scans' for peace of mind, especially if they have had a miscarriage.
    This was me too. Knew my dates exactly so the GP never offered me a dating scan and at the time I didn't know that I could ask for one.

Fortunately my Ob did a scan in his office at 10 weeks but I nearly drove myself (& DH) insane with worrying up until then as my pregnancy symptoms were virtually non-existent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Why on earth would anyone care if someone else got a dating scan?? The mind seriously boggles at some of the things people find to be annoyed about on bubhub. If it makes someone feel better then good- how lovely that someone can feel better with a little scan. It is hardly affecting you negatively in anyway??? So who cares?
    Exactly this!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

mousky  (02-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it because although sure of my dates in the past, the hospital uses their scan dates for their records and for making appointments etc. The earlier a scan, the more accurate, so I wanted to make sure they were working off correct dates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'll be asking for a dating scan even though I know my lmp. I've had 2 previous losses and am absolutely petrified of losing this baby. I know I'll feel alot better once I see the hb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caviar View Post
    Case in point.
    A scan won't prevent that. Or make it any better.
    The notion of security is a falsehood.
    And I've had five miscarriages. That's life.

Thats cold.

Actually a scan will prevent "that". I can have a D & C the next day if it looks like I wont miscarry naturally.

All my miscarriages were missed miscarriages and on one occasion the dead baby was inside me for so long, it resulted in a huge infection that caused scarring in my tubes. If you want to risk your fertility, thats your perogative, but I wont risk my fertility because someone thinks that "thats life".

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mousky For This Useful Post:

beautifulbubba  (02-08-2012),Buttoneska  (02-08-2012),delirium  (02-08-2012),Eko  (02-08-2012),GuestMember  (02-08-2012),mamamel89  (05-08-2012),~ElectricPink~  (02-08-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't get why it's anyone else's concern either. I certainly don't think it's 'strange', as someone on the first page stated (how bizarre?).

There are bigger things to worry about people! If you don't want an early scan...don't get one?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (02-08-2012),delirium  (02-08-2012),mousky  (02-08-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    With all of my pregnancies, my LMP and EDD have been way off. Around 10-14 days. It's very annoying and confusing so I like to know around when I'll be giving birth.
    I also have a bicornuate uterus and it's good to know that the baby is in the right spot and not on the dividing bit.
    ALSO I'm a very very anxious person and I like to know that there is a heartbeat. There is no way I could wait until 12 weeks!
    My sister has something similar, uterus didelphys (was originally misdiagnosed as bicornuate) and needed scans for the same reason...they are different sizes, so they had to ensure baby had implanted on the right side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't understand what difference it makes whether someone choices to have an early scan or not? Who cares?
    I am only 12 weeks but i've had several scans all ready and it's a good thing i have or i would be an absolute mess of worry.
    A scan may not stop a m/c but if something has gone wrong the sooner you know about it the better imo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In my friends case, it was lucky she had a dating scan even when she thought she was only 6 weeks along... turns out she was actually 18 weeks along! She almost fainted lol! She was breastfeeding her first and didnt have any periods come back yet either!