+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,872
    Thanks
    1,521
    Thanked
    846
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Hi all! I am 22 weeks but apart from that, everything happymum2 said goes for me too I live in inner Melbourne and am going for a vbac at the women's. I have a DS who is 2.5. Unfortunately I didn't get into the cosmos program either pregnancy but i have my second appointment at the women's next Wednesday and I'm going to beg to be let in it. I had a yucky experience with an Ob my last visit, and now I'm really keen to have a nice middie who knows me in my corner to back me up in labour.

    Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Are you in the yellow team too? If so, do really try and get in. There are four cosmos midwives per team and the yellow team ladies are absolutely wonderful. Good luck next week.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Narre Warren, Vic
    Posts
    1,321
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked
    196
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousiemama View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I'm really new to this, I'm between 6 and 7 weeks along (depending on whether I go by LMP or an early scan to check for an ectopic - dates were 5 days apart). This is our first pregnancy.

    I'm in SE Melbourne and I'm planning to go look at SJOG Berwick asap and will probably go there. But it's still very early days for us
    I hope all goes well and snap I'm going back to SJOG Berwick to have this little one, DS was delivered there, it's a great hospital

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0

    Default I'm in Melbourne

    I live in the SE suburbs and will be going to Sandringham for the birth currently 9 weeks +3 and have my first scan on 17 August ans cannot wait!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne VIC
    Posts
    303
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    34
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Preggo28 View Post
    I live in the SE suburbs and will be going to Sandringham for the birth currently 9 weeks +3 and have my first scan on 17 August ans cannot wait!
    Congratulations preggo28 I'm at sandringham too and almost 28 weeks along, I transferred there from another hospital I wasn't getting proper treatment at and so far I'm very happy with the midwives I'm seeing an ob there in a few weeks time hoping that goes well too.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne VIC
    Posts
    303
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    34
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Preggo28 View Post
    I live in the SE suburbs and will be going to Sandringham for the birth currently 9 weeks +3 and have my first scan on 17 August ans cannot wait!
    Congrats I'm going there too just transferred from another hospital j wasn't getting proper care at. Happy so far, am doing shared care but have also seen the midwives and seein the ob soon. I'm happy so far there.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne VIC
    Posts
    303
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    34
    Reviews
    0
    Oops double post sorry it didn't show up before? Weird.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,371
    Thanks
    1,580
    Thanked
    2,600
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Unfortunately I didn't get into the cosmos program either pregnancy but i have my second appointment at the women's next Wednesday and I'm going to beg to be let in it. I
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    Are you in the yellow team too? If so, do really try and get in. There are four cosmos midwives per team and the yellow team ladies are absolutely wonderful. Good luck next week.
    That Cosmo program sounds great!!

    What do you do until the first 15-16 weeks appointment at the hospital though? Just go with your GP?

    I really need that continuity of care. Being so far away from home, no close friends nor family around, I need a Obs or midwife that I can trust with my guts and that will take care of me.
    I am little scare to I go with Royal Women to try and get into Cosmo and end up not getting it. I'd be devastated

    The OB care is so expensive though. Damned PHI all they care about is the birth and the stay at the maternity.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne VIC
    Posts
    303
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    34
    Reviews
    0
    Any concerns I went through my GP til I got to the hospy. I have a great very caring GP if you want she works in Moorabbin though. Sees lots of pregnant women, takes her time with you though and really makes sure you're ok, a great listener which is what I needed. Thorough in the care she offers.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,872
    Thanks
    1,521
    Thanked
    846
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    That Cosmo program sounds great!!

    What do you do until the first 15-16 weeks appointment at the hospital though? Just go with your GP?

    I really need that continuity of care. Being so far away from home, no close friends nor family around, I need a Obs or midwife that I can trust with my guts and that will take care of me.
    I am little scare to I go with Royal Women to try and get into Cosmo and end up not getting it. I'd be devastated

    The OB care is so expensive though. Damned PHI all they care about is the birth and the stay at the maternity.
    Not sure where you live but my gp is really good, very thorough and knows what she is talking about. She is in prahran. I can pm you details if you like?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    4,371
    Thanks
    1,580
    Thanked
    2,600
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    Not sure where you live but my gp is really good, very thorough and knows what she is talking about. She is in prahran. I can pm you details if you like?
    Thanks HappyMum2! I am in Fitzroy. We announced the big news to our immediate families yesterday. So I got to speak with my SIL who had 2 babies at St Vincent.
    She also gave me a name of a good GP in the clinic I usually go to. Will give him a call

    So many options for pregnancy care in Australia. It makes my head spin!!

    Does anyone know if you can go public with the Royal Women and then give birth at Frances Perry? Since I am covered with PHI I might as well try and use it!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-01-2013, 20:07
  2. MELBOURNE LADIES!! Help me!!
    By Nazgul in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25-05-2012, 22:31
  3. Student Midwife Looking For Pregnant Ladies In Melbourne Willing To Help!
    By katemelbourne1 in forum Student Midwives & Doulas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 00:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Be In Blossom
Keen to up the intensity of your exercise after having your baby but unsure how? New physio-led Bootcamp Workshops aim to bridge the gap between low and high intensity training, teaching ways to reduce pelvic floor load in gym and bootcamp settings.
featured supporter
Little Kickers NSW
Little Kickers was launched in 2002 in the UK and arrived Down Under in 2009. Our motto is “Play not Push” and we provide a positive fun-filled soccer program for children aged 18 months -7 years in a vibrant, group play environment.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!