+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Sorry to crash but another option is a private midwife instead of an OB. I did this and went through the Royal Women's for my bub who was born last month. Can't recommend the Women's highly enough!!
    Hi kw123! Yes I remember I sent you a private message about your private midwife. My OB turns out to be as expensive than a private midwife. I am happy with what I have heard about this OB (supportive of natural vaginal birth etc).

Quote Originally Posted by bubbert View Post
    Hi there. I'm 11+1 weeks today (our first) and live in the western suburbs (pls don't judge me, hehe, it's for work). Have PHI but have decided to go public as have heard great things about little Bacchus Marsh maternity :-)
    Hello bubert! How are you travelling in your first trimester? Feeling well?

AFM I have called The Royal Women and yes they still have the cosmo program but it is limited in numbers and only for low risk pregnancies. The other thing is that apparently they do not see you before your 18/20 weeks along. Before that you have to go with your GP.
    It sounds like a great care program!

I will give it more thoughts tonight with DH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    Larissa! Congratulations to you too! Do you know what you are having?
    Thanks! I'm having a girl, we couldn't wait to find out because 99% of our friends thought we were having a boy but I secretly felt girl from 12 weeks and was right! Found out at an 18 week ultrasound the pregnancy has gone quick up until now.. Feel like I'm tapping my foot waiting for the time to come lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was coping quite well with mild ms until around week 10 then got hit with a tonne of bricks. Been on bed rest since last week and now have a virus so am in a lot of pain that only fluids and bed rest can help. Oh well, I'll get there ;-)
    Super excited (trying not to be nervous) about 12wk scan on mon. Just wanna see a happy bubba in there :-)

I know the feeling of not having family close by (ours are in qld), but couldn't imagine having them as far away as EU. Are u visiting them or are they coming to Aus? I wonder how we will go with bubs as we left our family and close friends in qld 2 years ago- going to hit home hard I think not having them close.

I heard really good things about royal women's maternity programs but unfortunately we are out if their area of acceptance.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    congrats on everyones pregnancy.... im orginally from mel and now living on the sth east coast of vic

im 26wks and still deciding if I will have baby down here or at the mercy - so far i have been doing shared care between the 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi congrats to everyone on their belly bugs, I'm 14w +3 and due on Australia day I'm form south east melbourne

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    Hi kw123! Yes I remember I sent you a private message about your private midwife. My OB turns out to be as expensive than a private midwife. I am happy with what I have heard about this OB (supportive of natural vaginal birth etc).

Hello bubert! How are you travelling in your first trimester? Feeling well?

AFM I have called The Royal Women and yes they still have the cosmo program but it is limited in numbers and only for low risk pregnancies. The other thing is that apparently they do not see you before your 18/20 weeks along. Before that you have to go with your GP.
    It sounds like a great care program!

I will give it more thoughts tonight with DH.
    You do have an earlier appointment at the hospital (around 14-16weeks) where you see a midwife and an Ob. It's at these appointments that you ask to go through cosmos. I got my gp to send the referral to the hospital when I went in at 10 weeks to do bloods and check referral for 12 week scan.

This pregnancy is considered slightly high risk (blood pressure issue from previous pregnancy) and they were still happy to take me. I think there main thing is the don't care for women who have to have a c-section, I'm going for a vbac this time so they were ok with taking me.

A few things about the hospital that you may be interested in knowing:

They only do ultrasounds for high risk pregnancies, so you will need to get a referral from your gp.
    They do all your blood work and glucose check.
    If you need to see a physio (before or after birth) it's all done through the hospital.
    They have breast feeding and birthing classes through the hospital.

It really is a fantastic program.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lili,

Congrats on you8r pregnancy. I am in the West and am 13 (almost 14) weeks pregnant! If you want to chat that would be great as I know no one in this area!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! I am from the eastern suburbs and currently almost 29 weeks pregnant with our first child (a little girl). I am booked in at waverley private.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hi all! I am 22 weeks but apart from that, everything happymum2 said goes for me too I live in inner Melbourne and am going for a vbac at the women's. I have a DS who is 2.5. Unfortunately I didn't get into the cosmos program either pregnancy but i have my second appointment at the women's next Wednesday and I'm going to beg to be let in it. I had a yucky experience with an Ob my last visit, and now I'm really keen to have a nice middie who knows me in my corner to back me up in labour.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I'm really new to this, I'm between 6 and 7 weeks along (depending on whether I go by LMP or an early scan to check for an ectopic - dates were 5 days apart). This is our first pregnancy.

I'm in SE Melbourne and I'm planning to go look at SJOG Berwick asap and will probably go there. But it's still very early days for us