Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Any pregnant ladies from Melbourne

Just come and say hi

I'm from the inner suburbs and only just pregnant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, I'm from Melbourne-inner suburbs. I'm currently 23weeks pregnant with my second.
    Congrats on your pregnancy, how far along are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm just 5wks pregnant so very early days! Quite excited and it's hard not to share. Our families are from Europe and we are seeing them in 1.5 months, so trying to wait till then!
    Although it would be great to tell them so they can book us in for the 12 wks US

Where are you planning to have your bub?

EDA : congrats on your pregnancy too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    I'm just 5wks pregnant so very early days! Quite excited and it's hard not to share. Our families are from Europe and we are seeing them in 1.5 months, so trying to wait till then!
    Although it would be great to tell them so they can book us in for the 12 wks US

Where are you planning to have your bub?

EDA : congrats on your pregnancy too!!
    I know it is so hard not to share, with my first we told very close friends and family after the dating scan (7 weeks) and everybody else after the 12 weeks scan. This time though it was so hard to hide my bump (I was 9 weeks at my DS 1st b'day) so everybody pretty much knew then.

I'm going through the royal women's again. What hospitals are you interested in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations

I'm from Melbourne south east suburbs 27 + 4 with my first bubby booked in to birth at Sandringham Hospital

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    I'm going through the royal women's again. What hospitals are you interested in?
    A good friend is having her baby at the royal too. She seems very happy with the care she gets there :-)

I have PHI so thinking of going private. I think I will still be out of pocket a lot, but being my first, and being so far away from any family, I want to have the same doctor throughout my pregnancy.
    I looked into shared care but the GPs I have seen so far have been shocking ignorant pregnancy wise. They just got DH worried over nothing

We are looking at either St Vincent or Freemasons. Any advice?
    How are you going with your 2d pregnancy? Can you get some rest even with DS around?

Quote Originally Posted by larissa88 View Post
    Congratulations

I'm from Melbourne south east suburbs 27 + 4 with my first bubby booked in to birth at Sandringham Hospital
    Larissa! Congratulations to you too! Do you know what you are having?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    A good friend is having her baby at the royal too. She seems very happy with the care she gets there :-)

I have PHI so thinking of going private. I think I will still be out of pocket a lot, but being my first, and being so far away from any family, I want to have the same doctor throughout my pregnancy.
    I looked into shared care but the GPs I have seen so far have been shocking ignorant pregnancy wise. They just got DH worried over nothing

We are looking at either St Vincent or Freemasons. Any advice?
    How are you going with your 2d pregnancy? Can you get some rest even with DS around?

Larissa! Congratulations to you too! Do you know what you are having?
    The royal women's have a midwife program called cosmos, where you see the same midwife throughout your whole pregnancy. I am/have done it with both pregnancies, can't recommend it enough! I had PIH from 33 weeks with DS so i was transferred over to the obs for the last 5 weeks (had DS at 38weeks, emergency c-section) and saw the same Ob until the end. My midwife was there when I had my DS and visited me 3 times the first week I was at home. It was truly a wonderful experience.

I've only had one friend go through Freemasons, she had a fantastic experience through them too.
    Have you looked into Frances Perry, private at royal women's. I've have a few friends go with them and they have spoken very highly of them.

This pregnancy is going well, so far! I must admit it is so much harder being pregnant with a young toddler, never seem to get enough sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    The royal women's have a midwife program called cosmos
    Oh I remember googling this when I was only TTC and read that the program was now closed.

I should give them a call
    thanks for the tip!

Good luck with trying to get some sleep. Hopefully you can get some friends/family to help out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry to crash but another option is a private midwife instead of an OB. I did this and went through the Royal Women's for my bub who was born last month. Can't recommend the Women's highly enough!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there. I'm 11+1 weeks today (our first) and live in the western suburbs (pls don't judge me, hehe, it's for work). Have PHI but have decided to go public as have heard great things about little Bacchus Marsh maternity :-)