+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone been posted recently? Have the standards of temporary accommodation changed?

I know, I know I'm going to sound like a complaining defence wife!

Our last defence move was local and we were put up in the local hotel while the move was taking place. It is one of the best hotels in the town.

We are posted in January and now our local accomodation while they pack our house up is in a local motel (think floral bed spreads) and our accommodation in our new posting location while they unpack our house is a cabin in a caravan park?!

Is this the new standard across the board. If it is then I'm totally ok with that but if it isn't then I can't understand why we got best hotel in town last time to motel/caravan park this time.

Thanks

Oh one of the main reasons why I'm concerned is that we will have a 3 week old with us and I worry about the cleaniness of places.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would ring toll and ask them why the difference.

Sent from my Nexus S using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DRAGONFLY17 For This Useful Post:

Buttercup80  (31-07-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When we were posted last year, we stayed in pretty schmancy accommodation. It was 5 star. We felt a bit out of place tbh (one end of the scale to the next?!).

Have you got a relocation case manager assigned to you?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We haven't moved for a few years, but that does sound strange, unless it was the only accommodation in the area.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tootiredtosleep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm, sounds like I'll be calling Toll.

Thanks for looking up PACMAN for me Nat11, we've got a 3 year old now but when we move we'll have him as well as a newborn

I'll post back with their reply!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I just called our case manager at Toll and she said they don't actually book the local temporary accommodation its contracted out to a local provider and she can't change what has been booked....but because I'm concerned about bub I can send a detailed email with why I'm concerned and she'll pass it on...but no promises...

Didn't even ask about the caravan park, one issue at a time I guess..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know there are massive budget cuts this year and travel will be one of the big ones they want to save on. They will be contracted to get the cheapest accommodation as long as it meets certain criteria eg price and rooms available. Hotels costs are also based on rank...the higher up you are the higher standard you get. They only move you up when nothing at your price range is available.

On a side topic, I will be 5 months prego when I get posted in Jan...so wondering if anyone has driven to their posting while in the same condition? How far per day did they let you drive? And did you have your medical all sorted before getting there??

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup80 View Post
    Oh one of the main reasons why I'm concerned is that we will have a 3 week old with us and I worry about the cleaniness of places.
    Well there would have to be some standards that even a Caravan Park Cabin would have to meet. Have you had a look at the cabins you are meant to be staying in online? They might be really spectacular?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We're driving Perth to Amberley with 3 kids under 5 in December Lib77.I'll let you know if we make it

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone been posted recently? Have the standards of temporary accommodation changed?

Wow pennylane that's a huge drive, hope you don't go too crazy on the way.

I'm not looking forward to moving during summer....but might take some extra time off as I know I will be worn out when I have to unpack the house.