+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just been talking about this with friends over lunch in Sunday!

None of my kids do any extra curricular activities.. At all. Dd2 and DS go to daycare for 2 half days per week and dd1 is in prep at school.

I'm not really in any hurry for them to start to be honest. When I was young I started netball in under 10's so was about 8-9? And DH played cricket and footy in under 10's, so about the same age.

I personally don't really see the need for it when they are so young. Their interests change weekly so I'd prefer to wait til they're a bit older and can choose what they'd like to do as opposed to me choosing the things I think they should.

I never realized how many people had their children doing so much at such early ages. No judgement for anyone, it's just not something we do so I'm interested to see all the different types of activities that are out there.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2girls1boyplus1 For This Useful Post:

jennibear  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS does swimming $80 per month & Get Active Sports $70 per term
    DD1 does Ballet $90 per term plus $150 per year for costumes.
    DD2 does kindergym $65 per term.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS1 - now pays for his own.

DS2- Karate $20 p/w tournaments around $60 and gradings $40. Footy, $200 annually, uniform (shoes, shorts ect) $300.

DD - Swimming $150 a term. Soon to be starting Pony Club, cost - too much to think about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS1 - under 9's AFL. $160 a season. A gifted program after school one night a week which was $50.
    DS2 - mini maestros. $160 a term.
    DD - She joins in at DS's music for free! Lol. Much to the teachers disgust!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My son's 4 in September, and currently it's -

$10 per week for an optional sports program at daycare (they do a different sport each fortnight)
    $40 per week for a private swimming lesson (hopefully once his anxiety about swimming reduces we can put him back in a cheaper group lesson)

I would also like to take him to a kinder gym/teacher led play type thing, which would be about $6 per week.

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A fortune! I don't count it up though. Piano lessons at $50 a pop every week plus electronic keyboard; jiu jitsu (which his bio dad pays for and does with him) about $135/term; swimming lessons at about $40 a week and skiing which is a giant money-pit but I don't care because we love it

Thanks
    Reviews
    WINTER - My DS plays Junior League which is $70 a season. He also does Little Athletics which is $65

SUMMER - Junior Cricket is $50, and Squad (swimming) is $5 per session and he generally goes 2-3 per week.

Then on top of this there's always uniform and equipment!