+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My parents where shocked with DS1 as hubby and I hadn't been together long and we didn't think to tell them we were ttc. They knew we were just letting nature decide when it happened for DS2 they weren't ecstatic but they weren't disappointed. I'm not sure how they felt about my 3rd pregnancy but my mum was sad when we lost it. With DD they were happy My last pregnancy my mum was surprised but in the same breath I told her I wasn't going to keep it she was supportive either way.

The rest of my family were pretty blasé to say the least. I posted on Facebook not long ago that I had just got some news that made my day (a friend was utd) and one of my aunties unaware (I hope) of my recent termination asked if I was pregnant AGAIN. Yeah nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My unexpected reaction was from my father, with my second pregnancy, and it was a very delayed reaction.
    The initial reaction was a reply "Will we see this one more?" (DF and I lived 2 hours away, my mother worked full time and my father was working FIFO, yet it was OUR fault we hardly saw them apparently).
    The delayed reaction was 2 weeks after DD2 was born, I brought up his reaction to our announcement to the pregnancy (there was more to it, but that's the general gist) and he responded to me "What do you expect? Congratulations? Congratulations you had sex and made a baby? Anyone can do that."
    So, so, SO glad I have nothing to do with that vile, toxic person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Everyone was happy and excited like I knew they would be

for all the horrible reactions. Some people are cruel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got the opposite reactions than I was expecting.

I told mum first, because I thought she'd be easier than dad (my sister and I will always be his little girls )

She just went quiet, and told me she needed time to process and call me back (she was on holiday for 3 months, so I had to call her). Now, to be fair, we'd only been engaged for 3 weeks when I found out we were expecting - the DOC was actually engagement night lol - so i'm sure it wasnt expected at all, but it still really hurt me, as I'm 25, been with DF for 8yrs and I felt there was nothing to be ashamed of.

Thankfully she called me back about 30 mins later, and has been nothing short of overexcited ever since

Dad, on the other hand, got kind of emotional when we told him and immediately asked if he could be called 'pa', which is what we called his dad before he passed away.

So I was surprised at both reactions.

DF's family were all thrilled, but I think that's cause his sister who's only a year older already has two kids, they were expecting it