+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I believe your course, at 2 days per week didn't meet my criteria for being selfish.
    Actually, it was 3 days a week one week, and 2 days a week the other. Does this mean I'm only half selfish?! :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    And I totally agree. Selfish parents eat, drink, take drugs and party while their children go without basic essentials and care. Selfish parents see their kids as a source of income rather than a source of love and joy.

But those parents a far and few between!!@

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 30-07-2012 at 22:23.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (31-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The people who put kids in daycare while studying something they are never going to use, still contribute to the economy in some sene. Just not the way you would think.
    They pay daycare fees which keeps people employed.

I know SAHM mums that put their kids in daycare for no particular reason at all. They just want a break and have some time for themselves. Is that being selfish?

TBH, I don't think people are being selfish if they study something they will never use. I think their kids will be in daycare for 3 days a week, no matter what people choose to do during those 3 days.
    Some people prefer to sit in front of the TV all day for those 3 days.
    It is what they like to do with their "me" time.

DS goes to daycare 2 days a week. On 1 day I do a 3 hour shift for LifeLine and after that I go home and do some sewing as these are 2 things I like to do when having my "me" time. It is none of people's business what I do with my time though.
    If I want to study something I will never use, than that is upto me. My child would be in daycare regardless.

The only person who I believe is a bit selfish, is a friend of mine who is a SAHM with an 8 week old boy who is starting daycare in 4 weeks time.
    He is going for 2 days a week. She has no other kids.
    The reason for her putting her child in daycare at such a young age, is because she can't cope with the lack of sleep she's getting. Her son wakes up once a night and she can't handle that. She needs those 2 days to sleep.
    I wished my son only woke once a night at 8 weeks old :-\

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yeah I'm studying childcare and only half committed at this stage to it as a long term career. Im feeling differently about having my kids in care to care for other kids than I have before and I suspect by the time my kids are in school I'll be ready for some adult contact.

But at the same time I just dont want my brain to turn to tooth paste.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it's unhealthy NOT doing things for yourself and being a little 'selfish'! Yay DD is 2 and I've only just started taking time out for myself. I feel like I'm a much better mum for it. Even though it's just a few hours a week it has made a massive difference to my emotional health!!

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Ana Gram - study is so important. Don't let the naysayers drag you down. You are doing the best for your family.
    10 more months of full time study, OMG!

Naysayers often form opinions based on limited facts and quite frankly, they can go suck a lemon.

I will soon be finished and closer to being free from welfare

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-07-2012),Benji  (31-07-2012),halloweendee  (31-07-2012),Misschief  (30-07-2012),share a book  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post

Naysayers often form opinions based on limited facts and quite frankly, they can go suck a lemon.

Yay!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Both totally the opposite of selfish. A mother trying to get an education so they can provide a better life for her children, awesome!

A mother of a special needs child seeking help, is fine. After all -if the mother cracks under the pressure then the whole family will go down. She needs help too.
    Couldn't have said it better myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ElectricPink~ View Post
    Actually, it was 3 days a week one week, and 2 days a week the other. Does this mean I'm only half selfish?! :P
    Does it matter? Is doing it selfishly a bad thing? Does it have to be seen negatively?