What food did u start with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i waited to 6 months. why so early?

first food was baked pumpkin and baked potato slices

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD has reflux so she never takes large bottles, but thankfully loves her solid food...
    At four months she was having 150ml every three hours during the day, we officially started solids with breakfast after her 7/8ish bottle, cerelac rice cereal with some pear or apple through it for flavour. Before she started the rice cereal though she would have some of my porridge off my finger in the mornings... when she wouldn't let me eat in peace I bought the rice cereal!
    A couple of weeks later we moved to three feeds a day on doctors advice, a completely unrestricted diet including cows milk yoghurt (petit miam which she LOVES, HATED the 'baby' yoghurt too sour)
    I always offered her bottle first, with her solids 20 minutes or so later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stick with your current bottle routine and add in a little solids about 30 mins after, starting with a mid morning meal. Personally I would avoid rice cereal and start with veggies and high fibre fruit either puree or BLW.

Milk feeds will not change until solids are really established which will take at least a few months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD also has reflux so will take between 60 and 110mls per feed during the day and I also give her solids twice a day.

After her morning feed I give her either rice cereal with apple or a mixed fruit purée (there are a lot of sachet style pre-made purées which are 100% fruit and veg and absolutely nothing added even nothing artificial) which have different combos so she will have about 1 tablespoon worth of a fruit mix, then after her early afternoon feed I give a veg mix one and usually that's 15 minutes after her bottle.

Always give milk (either Formula or BM) first then solids. Then at about 9 months I think it is (someone correct me if the age is wrong) you do solids first then milk.

http://m.whattoexpect.com/tips-for-feeding-your-baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I will give you what I started out with at around 4 months.

Breakfast - Bottle, made up to 210mls, then an hour later, 2 table spoons of farex, mixed with one table spoon of flavored puree - ie, apple, or pumpkin etc... Because, really, farex tastes like poo!!!!

Bottle at 11, made up to 210, then an hour later, the same as above, then a bottle at 3, made to 210mls again, then food at around 520pm, about 2-3 tablespoons, then bath and get dressed, then bottle at abour 630, then bed!!!

Sorry I had to shorten it, bubba just woke up!! x

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlantic Puffin For This Useful Post:

2ndtimemumma  (08-08-2012),cnic  (03-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Pippy exactly what I was after!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippy the Hippo View Post
    Breakfast - Bottle, made up to 210mls, then an hour later, 2 table spoons of farex, mixed with one table spoon of flavored puree - ie, apple, or pumpkin etc... Because, really, farex tastes like poo!!!!

Bottle at 11, made up to 210, then an hour later, the same as above, then a bottle at 3, made to 210mls again, then food at around 520pm, about 2-3 tablespoons, then bath and get dressed, then bottle at abour 630, then bed!!!
    We did approx the same. But to start with we introduced breakfast solids in the middle of dd's bottle. We also stayed with 1 solids feed a day for about a month then introduced lunch solids and so on.

When we gave dd something new with her food, we gave it to her a few days in a row to check for allergies.

Of an evening dd has solids at 6pm then bath and bottle at 7 then straight to bed.