+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Isn't it impolite to share on fb what happens when a lactose intolerant person consumes lactose? It would certainly come under TMI lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Isn't it impolite to share on fb what happens when a lactose intolerant person consumes lactose? It would certainly come under TMI lol.
    Hahaha it's mostly a bunch of crazy sooking...

"oh why does my tummy have to hateme...fml"

"oh this strawberry milk is cray cray good!"

"oh my life is ovahhhhhhj"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just to add to my previous post (I thought of this while I was making dinner as a decent example of this weird behaviour).

I had a miscarriage many years ago, one idiot said "At least you don't have a sick kid", another said "At least you know what it is like to be pregnant". I feel for both of these people, having trouble having kids is truly gruelling and terrible (I know that for a fact, it took us 8 years to conceive again), and having a sick kid would be heart breaking. Neither of these people took my feelings into consideration though (both brought up the subject with me too , I don't really like to talk about it because it was so devastating). They didn't offer support or help in any way and personally it made me feel worse so whatever they got out of it I hope they enjoyed it .

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    Hahaha it's mostly a bunch of crazy sooking...

"oh why does my tummy have to hateme...fml"

"oh this strawberry milk is cray cray good!"

"oh my life is ovahhhhhhj"
    Id defriend simply for 'cray cray' .....I die a little on the inside when one of my adult friends writes 'totes'

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

share a book  (31-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (01-08-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiedoll View Post
    Just to add to my previous post (I thought of this while I was making dinner as a decent example of this weird behaviour).

I had a miscarriage many years ago, one idiot said "At least you don't have a sick kid", another said "At least you know what it is like to be pregnant". I feel for both of these people, having trouble having kids is truly gruelling and terrible (I know that for a fact, it took us 8 years to conceive again), and having a sick kid would be heart breaking. Neither of these people took my feelings into consideration though (both brought up the subject with me too , I don't really like to talk about it because it was so devastating). They didn't offer support or help in any way and personally it made me feel worse so whatever they got out of it I hope they enjoyed it .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (30-07-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I really try my best to not make someones 'vent' or cry for help or...whatever u all it about 'me'... Smetimes i find myself doing it, but not deliebrately. More like "oh that sucks so bad, i know what u mean, my child does this!"

Not as competition or whatever but as a way to let the person know they arent alone or whatever.

Bt some people are buttheads and invalidate your feelings because they have it worse. To me thats bullsh1t... Its like for example

"we just found out that little quazimodo is allergic to 85% of food"
    "well at least he can eat 15% of foods, my kid only eats cheese, he poo's out dairy rocks"

Wait....

What?

*shrug* im a rambling lizard queen tonight... I dont even have a point?

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

2girls1boyplus1  (01-08-2012),Benji  (31-07-2012),HowCrazyCool  (30-07-2012),share a book  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I have come across quite a few people IRL like this. I always try to be compassionate and sympathetic towards others and I am always happy for someone to vent to me. But it does irk me when someone tries to belittle my feelings by saying they have had it much worse .

I have a friend that I refer to as my 'me too, but...' Friend. Everything I've done/been through, she has done/been through worse. ultimately though, I feel for her that she is craving the attention she gets by out doing everyone, so I tend to just lend a sympathetic ear and turn to other friends when I am in need of support.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Id defriend simply for 'cray cray' .....I die a little on the inside when one of my adult friends writes 'totes'
    Is it meant to mean crazy? None of my friends do that, but I have seen "cray" and assumed it was a typo. Sometimes I don't hit keys hard enough on my phone and find it hard to go back to change it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like it when people try to say they have it better then me... I mean REALLY! As if!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I've never really been around folks who 'talked themselves up'. It's not really part of Australian culture: tooting your horn is seen as an ugly trait. (it's more an American thing).

I think the 'whoa me, I have it worse than you' thing is a natural by-product of getting older. You should hear my nanna whinge about all her health problems and whatever else.

I agree with pp's sharing your negative experience to get help or help someone else is different from doing it beause you're self centred and want to 'one up' someone.
    Last edited by VicPark; 31-07-2012 at 06:54.