+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Last edited by Witwicky; 30-07-2012 at 21:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubmum View Post
    I have ti the worst..I am allergic to tomatoes..they are in everything. We went to dreamworld on Saturday and there was only fried food,which I can't eat, because it gives me the runs, because I have no gallbladder (oh, the inhumanity)..and I roamed the cafes, found a chicken caesar warp, queued for it, and the woman in front of me bought it...I went outside and cried, and then paid $12 for 2 sushi rolls. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I am sorry, but my life sucks so much more than anything anyone else has gone through.
    Wow, you can afford to go to dream world??? I'm so poor that I wouldn't even be able to afford to spend $12 on sushi, never mind a trip to dream world, so count yourself lucky!

Hahahaha :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    You're so lucky. I don't get popcorn. Not since the Great Popcorn Drought of '11, when a flood, fire and earthquake leveled my home town.

I was going to go to the next town to buy popcorn, but then I remembered I can't drive, because the lightening storm after the flood/fire/earthquake hit a tree in my front yard, which fell through my living room window and fell on my leg, breaking it.

So I called a taxi to take me there, but because I'd lost my house in the insurance fraud following the flood/fire/earthquake/tree, I had no money, and couldn't pay the taxi driver.

Then a rat bit me.

Then someone hacked my Facebook. And Target cancelled my layby. And my shoes need replacing.

Woe.

Be grateful for your popcorn.

Am I the most woeful yet?!
    Look here luv, I ain't going to give you any sympathy for your issues.

Life is what you make it... Get off your a*s and make your popcorn dreams a reality.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (30-07-2012),NancyBlackett  (30-07-2012),Tracy3  (31-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ElectricPink~ View Post
    Wow, you can afford to go to dream world??? I'm so poor that I wouldn't even be able to afford to spend $12 on sushi, never mind a trip to dream world, so count yourself lucky!

Hahahaha :P
    You are so right. I only wish i had packed my own lunch

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubmum For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I understood what you meant op I think it is more a personality type then a trend though. Some people just hate not having all the attention and they do come off as dismissive and rude (I think a lot of the time they may not even realise that they are doing it, and how it makes others feel).

Personally if someone tells me something they are struggling with, and I have a similar story I might tell them about it, but also go on to say how I resolved it or what helped. Sometimes that too is not as helpful as I'd like and I try to just listen and offer support.

No one is saying you shouldn't vent your frustrations or ask for support, that is what forums are for (for the most part ). Just try to offer your support and listen when people are asking for help in return . Please don't be paranoid about posting or asking for help, that really is not what this is about and I'm sure the op didn't intend to make people shy about posting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm sure the op didn't intend to make people shy about posting
    No, she didn't and has gone out of her way to explain xoxo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a psych, and it is sooo common for people to feel guilty about the hard time they are experiencing because "others have it worse". I suspect a few of them have been on the receiving end of these 'competitions'

Thanks
    Reviews
    How funny that I come in to this thread.

The other week I was left speechless and thinking WTF to a friend?!?!?

In relation to me... I am relatively lucky that I have only been dealt a few crap things and totally get that everyone has their own crap they have to deal with, and in most cases alot worse than mine. No-one truly knows everything about everyone so a little compassion/empathy could go along way!
    Last edited by 3InATub; 31-07-2012 at 13:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've known babies born very early, 23 to 28w, and other people say they know what it's like, their bub was prem too at 38w... My dd was 36w and not classed as a prem, just called an early bird. Not comparable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    "claim lactose intolerance"
    I have a friend who is lactose intollerant...we can't decide if she is lactose intollerant just so she can consume lactose and complain on Facebook about it, or if she is pretending to be lactose intollerant so she can complain about it on Facebook...she is really weird.

The other day she also complained her legs was bruised from working out too hard, and that we all needed to be grateful for our legs...one of my closest friends sent her some pretty terse messages regarding her lack of sensitivity to some people leg related issues (me)...'twas amusing... She really is such a drama queen, and incredible insensitive.

Anyway, I notice it a lot and it's annoying. I also hate that if one shares good news, then other people never say "Congratulations dude, you really deserve it", they say "what about me?"....

It's fecking annoying...bring back one up bragging...at least it's more positive...