+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Melon View Post
    My egg had teeth first AND was eating me from the inside out!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I guess I don't really come across it that much? I am guilty of the "but you only have one child" call. It isn't like a Poor me type thing. It is more a, look - you are lovely, but you just don't understand what I mean.

I think if someone needs or wants sympathy - what is so wrong with giving them a little compassion? What is all this rubbish about "playing the sympathy card" etc. Some people have just had a tough time. Why make it worse by *****ing about them for being upset about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If I try to talk about my problems with some friends I get "but you don't have ................. like I do". This is what the OP is about.

The "oh pff your problems don't matter, I have it heaps worse than you do!" is incredibly dismissive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh, and the "my baby cries the worst at bed time" or "my baby wakes the most at night" is particularly funny from well rested, fresh looking mums.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have ti the worst..I am allergic to tomatoes..they are in everything. We went to dreamworld on Saturday and there was only fried food,which I can't eat, because it gives me the runs, because I have no gallbladder (oh, the inhumanity)..and I roamed the cafes, found a chicken caesar warp, queued for it, and the woman in front of me bought it...I went outside and cried, and then paid $12 for 2 sushi rolls. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I am sorry, but my life sucks so much more than anything anyone else has gone through.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    is it buttered popcorn? I love buttered popcorn!
    You're so lucky. I don't get popcorn. Not since the Great Popcorn Drought of '11, when a flood, fire and earthquake leveled my home town.

I was going to go to the next town to buy popcorn, but then I remembered I can't drive, because the lightening storm after the flood/fire/earthquake hit a tree in my front yard, which fell through my living room window and fell on my leg, breaking it.

So I called a taxi to take me there, but because I'd lost my house in the insurance fraud following the flood/fire/earthquake/tree, I had no money, and couldn't pay the taxi driver.

Then a rat bit me.

Then someone hacked my Facebook. And Target cancelled my layby. And my shoes need replacing.

Woe.

Be grateful for your popcorn.

Am I the most woeful yet?!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (30-07-2012),Rutabaga  (30-07-2012),share a book  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    You're so lucky. I don't get popcorn. Not since the Great Popcorn Drought of '11, when a flood, fire and earthquake leveled my home town.

I was going to go to the next town to buy popcorn, but then I remembered I can't drive, because the lightening storm after the flood/fire/earthquake hit a tree in my front yard, which fell through my living room window and fell on my leg, breaking it.

So I called a taxi to take me there, but because I'd lost my house in the insurance fraud following the flood/fire/earthquake/tree, I had no money, and couldn't pay the taxi driver.

Then a rat bit me.

Then someone hacked my Facebook. And Target cancelled my layby. And my shoes need replacing.

Woe.

Be grateful for your popcorn.

Am I the most woeful yet?!
    You had shoes? Spoilt.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

AllCreatures  (30-07-2012),Bubmum  (30-07-2012),giggle berry  (30-07-2012),Purple Lily  (30-07-2012),Rutabaga  (30-07-2012),share a book  (30-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (30-07-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White

Thanks
    Reviews
    As I have said, there is a difference in being upset and wanting comfort/support....and ALWAYS dismissing the other persons story and telling them how you have it worse.

Look, I think one of the biggest problems in society now days is that everybody has a story to tell but nobody wants to listen.....its probably why shrinks are in such high demand. People need people....people want people....people want to share and to know they are not alone. I fully understand the need for compassion for others and the need to truly listen to people when they need it........................but like I said, there is a difference and the people i am talking about are the ones I described who are always one-upping on how terrible they have it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubmum View Post
    I have ti the worst..I am allergic to tomatoes..they are in everything. We went to dreamworld on Saturday and there was only fried food,which I can't eat, because it gives me the runs, because I have no gallbladder (oh, the inhumanity)..and I roamed the cafes, found a chicken caesar warp, queued for it, and the woman in front of me bought it...I went outside and cried, and then paid $12 for 2 sushi rolls. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I am sorry, but my life sucks so much more than anything anyone else has gone through.

OMG that would suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!! Hahaha Its funny cos I know you, but it still sucks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    OMG that would suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!! Hahaha Its funny cos I know you, but it still sucks
    it sucks worse than anything..i cry in public at least twice a day over not being able to eat something because it has the devil's taint in it