+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My boyfriend and I were living together but things were getting tense, he was really sensitive and strange, I was so sure he was going to break up with me. He ended up taking me away for a weekend and all I could think was oh my god, this is it, he's gonna take me down the coast and it's gonna be horrible and then we will be over.

We were getting ready to go out for dinner one night and just as we were ready to leave he proposed! I was stunned. I was so sure that weekend was our last attempt to make it work! Odd thing is, we had an awesome relationship, once he bought the ring he was so nervous it was making him weird out, which I took as him losing interest in me! Silly silly girl...... but we are now happily married just over 3 years and I'm now 6 weeks pregnant with our first baby!

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DF proposed earlier this month We were heading to shop to do some shopping, DF suggested I get the necklace he brought me last year to bring as one of the stones came out and he wanted to see if he could get it replaced. We had breakfast then did a bit of shopping and went to the jewellers, they had one of those closed door sales got on, so I was thinking in my head "gee, more lines" (after waiting in the layby line at BigW toysale) Finally we got in and he told me to have a look around while he spoke to the manager about the necklace, we went and looked at rings a few months prior so when he came over and saw me looking at the exact ring we looked at last time we were there, he took the ring with an uninterested expression/tone and was like "yeah it's nice, so you think it's the one hey" I was totally shocked that in the next 5seconds he was kneeling and asked me to be his wife! Totally unexpected, even though we looked at rings earlier we had both agreed we were content in life and that marriage was not very high on our priority list, I took home the ring of my dreams and wasn't able to wipe the smile off my face for weeks.

We aren't married yet, actually we haven't even set a definite date but it's happening alot sooner then I thought and imagined!