+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Engagement question!

For those who are married, how did your man propose?
    And did you feel it coming or was it a complete suprise?

TIA xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    My family don't see each other on Christmas day, they get together on Boxing day. Mum, Dad, Aunts and Uncles, cousins - everyone!!

My DH proposed to me on Boxing day in 2007, in front of my entire family! It was special to us as we met on Boxing day 1997. But I certainly wasn't expecting it after being together for 10 years AND in front of around 30 people It was nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH & I had spoken about getting married, but I still had no idea he was going to propose.

He took me up the coast to a beautiful look-out & popped the question there. He went over to my parents place beforehand & asked my dad which was very sweet!

He then took me shopping for an engagement ring as it was something we wanted to choose together.

It was awesome & very sweet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    He had planned to propose at the Tim Macgraw Concert in Townsville (was meant to be a weekend away for us), then the week before the concert my step dad said he wanted me to fly to Brisbane as he was proposing to my mum that same weekend and wanted me and my sisters to pick the ring. I suspected DH was going to propose but he swore black and blue he wasn't so I went to Brisbane.

The Sunday morning my family and I were out at breakfast and I got a TEXT MESSAGE from DH saying "I have decided we are getting married at the end of this year" (this was september 2010). I had to stifle a scream and hide the tears as I didn't want to take the spotlight away from mum. I replied "make it the end of next year and you have a deal".

We didn't announce it until he had officially asked my grandad, dad and step dad their permission (he wanted to do it that way) and it was a few months after mum was engaged so she got her spotlight.

We were married November 2011.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DP and i went out on a date night out for dinner and then we went to a beautiful lookout where he had planned on proposing to me but unfortunately on the way to the lookout i started feeling really sick! we were at the lookout for about 5 minutes (it took us about 45-1 hour to get there) then i said we had to go. we just made it back to his parents to pick the kids up and i ran into the toilet and threw up. turns out i had gastro. so a week later he said we were going to the park with the girls. he said he had a surprise for me also but i had no idea and he kept saying it was a remote controlled boat (which i didnt believe) after getting there he tells me to close my eyes and turn around. he then told me i could turn around and uncover my eyes. he had DD1 sitting on a picnic table holding the ring he was standing holding DD2 and sitting next to DD1 on the table in a box was a cake which said "will you marry our daddy?" with little pink sugar frangipanis which is my favourite flower. I knew he had the ring as we both went to pick it out but i didnt know he would propose so soon. was very sweet!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mum2mj For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Naaaawwwww, they ate beautiful stories ladies

8. The Following User Says Thank You to eviezmum For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    *are*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'll have to reply tomorrow on the mac, awww i love happy endings!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awwww!!! These are all SO sweet and brought a little tear to my eye!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    On a rooftop in Marrakech, Morocco. I don't remember what he said, I was in shock! We'd been together 2 years to the day.