+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was surprised no one told me how soon I would leak. 12 weeks and I was using breast pads for the next year and a half. Stock up early.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have fun reading all the pregnancy books and magazines, but also stock up on good books/movies/tv shows that are non pregnancy related (they helped me keep calm and pass the time more quickly, especially in the first trimester).

I watched heaps of you tube videos on cloth nappies (my hubby suggested cloth nappies, and then I found out about modern cloth nappies which are just so cute, and no harder to use then disposables). So after deciding to go ahead with that I started buying my stash from ebay, and have had such a good time researching it all (not something I ever thought I would find fascinating ). It has really helped pass the time

Researching and buying baby stuff is so much fun, but it does get expensive so keep an eye out for yard sales and half off sales (I got most of my stuff on sale and saved a tonne of money ). Luckily 9 months is a long time, so you can afford to wait for what you want to go on sale. The few times we brought things at full price we regretted it because a few weeks later it was on sale

Rest when you can, I find even a 1 hour nap is enough to recharge my batteries and helps me keep my hormones in check (I cry at everything otherwise ). Pregnancy vitamins and fish oil tablets are great to make sure you and the baby are getting all your vitamins (I can't stomach fish at the moment, I've really gone off it, so getting my omegas was bit of a worry till I started supplementing it ).

Most of all just enjoy yourself and take it easy (I was a mess with anxiety in my first trimester and most of the second, and I haven't really started to enjoy it all till now. Now I have 8 and a half weeks to go and I am wondering where the time went ).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations

My advice would be don't be afraid to ask questions or say how you're feeling to the midwives/obs/docs you see, there's a lot of emotions you feel during pregnancy and it's amazing but can be scary and it's fine to say so!

Enjoy the ride

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't eat liquorice. None of the books say it, none of the pamphlets say it, the Department of Health guidelines don't say it. I ate a whole packet then googled it and that's how I found out.

And use the Mothersafe line, it's awesome

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try your very best not to eat for two! Enjoy yourself by all means, just not too much.

Keep exercising. Swimming and walking are great. I also loved pre natal yoga.

Spend lots of time relaxing - spend entire days watching DVD box sets and reading books. Go to the movies and out to dinner.

And I agree with pp, take belly shots!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Don't eat liquorice. None of the books say it, none of the pamphlets say it, the Department of Health guidelines don't say it. I ate a whole packet then googled it and that's how I found out.
    Thanks for that I didn't know. I usually can't get enough licorice, but I've gone completely off it thankfully!

Some advice I can give, with my experience of severe morning sickness is, you don't need to suffer with it, get some tablets. If you still have nausea and food aversions, listen to your body, don't feel guilty for not eating your weight in protein, your 500 serves of fruit and veg, and your trough full of dairy each day. if you can't stomache it and you eat it, you will see it again quite soon. And if the only fluid you can keep down is a tea or coffee, drink it. Dehydration is far worse than caffeine.