+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dad was so excited that he burst into tears when we told him we were expecting. I was always adament I wasnt having children so it was a huge surprise. We went on to miscarry that child and the next and it broke his heart each time. Our son is now the best thing in his life, ive never seen a more proud pop!
    My ILs were just as good and still are.
    I know i am incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Shocked but happy, after all we had only been married 7 weeks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dad died before i could tell him ( i was 8 weeks pregnant when he passed) and my mum was very supportive x

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    My dad died before i could tell him ( i was 8 weeks pregnant when he passed) and my mum was very supportive x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (30-07-2012)

StretchmarkBarbie is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2009- Best Username Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Shanandboc

8. The Following User Says Thank You to StretchmarkBarbie For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Wish i had the chance to tell him at least

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. I was told that I had 'options'.
    My sister told me that she hoped my child died or was (her words) retarded. She finally apologized for this recently due to me going through autism testing with my child.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    My Mum was happy.

My Dad was sooooo disappointed. He had huge plans for me and they didn't involve kids in my early 20's. He has since come around and he is absolutely smitten with the grandkids He has spoken about his previous disappointed and feels bad for putting expectations on me like that.
    ^^
    THIS! And because my Dad hasn't ever spoken about his 'putting expectations on me'... he just keeps digging himself deeper and deeper out of my life... We've had a big fight lately, but this has clarified to me what it is all over... HIS projected expectations... I just want him to say sorry and enjoy his grandkids and see that I am HAPPY being a SAHM (picking up the odd supply teaching day here and there)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum was ****ed as a wasp in a jar at first but by the time we left her house she was fine
    Dad was extatic from the second we told him - his older brother had been a grandpa for a few months a he was over the moon so he wanted to look at the happy side and offered for us to live with him as long as we needed

Mil and dil at first were shocked as we'd been told we would need ivf to have kids but came around as DH is their one and only

My brother was worried as I was working tons and we didn't have a house etc
    Sister was excited as long as we were excited

My grandmothers were happy to see a new generation and seeing DH were engaged they seemed happy

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Like a PP I was also a disappointment from conception so I told my estranged parents over the phone which was a very cool reception. I attempted to rebuild the relationships because I felt like I should for the kids but it's been almost 7 wonderfully estranged years something I have no desire to try to reverse.

DH told PIL as I was really sick with HG so was home in bed and has said he will never tell me what they said. MIL didn't talk to me for a number of months as she was hurt I was making her a young grandmother but she rarely sees them so it's not a huge deal. SIL the favoured child waited a proper amount of time in MIL eyes so her kids are unsurprisingly the favourites. FIL was pretty good but I'm recently realising just how much he is actually good at hiding his true feelings about things so I may be wrong. Whenever I've mentioned how I think it's great they are young grandparents as mine were too old and frail to do much except a very gentle hug and kiss where as they can play with spend time with the kids and he gets all funny about it