+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 30, been with dh for 13 years and my parents were a bit cross I had our second baby! I want another one too (shhhh don't tell my mum) lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was 26 and my parents were still disappointed! And then told me they hope I never have another since my first was such a poor sleeper and I struggled with sleep deprivation. I was so nervous telling them about number 2.

They love my kids utterly and completely and are great with them, but yeah, I have always felt like a huge disappointment to my parents.

That makes them sound really awful. I should add that now the children are here, they have been very supportive of me being a SAHM while they are young.

After my experience, its very important to me that my kids not feel under enormous pressure to follow the family path but be free to lead their own life.

And DHs mum was pretty unpleasant about it, but she's always hated me so that wasn't a surprise.
    Last edited by MissMuppet; 30-07-2012 at 17:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post

And DHs mum was pretty unpleasant about it, but she's always hated me so that wasn't a surprise.
    how could anyone hate you? . Not that I know you, but you seem nice

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My parents (whole family) were amazingly supportive. I found out 3 days after my ex husband walked out, so I was still in shock from the marriage breakdown.

My Mum was with me when I got the positive pregnancy test. I was speechless and held the test up for her to see. She got the biggest smile on her face and said that even though I couldn't see it right then, that every baby is a blessing and how fantastic it was. I will never forget the total support my family gave me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My parents responded immediately positively but about 6 months pregnant my mum did ask exactly how did I get pregnant when she put so much time and effort into teaching me about contraception that I had an unplanned pregnancy.

My parents and brother have all told me at least once that they wish it wasn't my Df etc etc and now I'm actually SO sick of hearing "hey he's actually a really decent guy".... ffs I've lived with him for 5.5 years now it's not exactly news to me.

I think my dad was more disappointed with me conceiving katelyn... even though she was planned - I ttc for 2 years. But I think me planning another baby meant I was totally off the path he'd have chosen for me and he made that known with a few careless words.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, I'm the disappointment in my family definitely. My four brothers all have high flying jobs, 3 own homes etc. My father constantly tells me how intelligent I am blah blah blah - it's his way of telling me I'm wasting my life.

It used to bother me I guess. Now it just annoys me that he doesn't think of something else to say. He dotes on my investment banking brother who is a jerk to everyone. Go figure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think at times they have been disappointed but that's because they are scared for me, scared of me being hurt if I don't succeed kind of thing. They were very happy when my fiancé now husband announces we were pregnant but They did say they thought we would wait a while but we are financially fine and were happy to start trying for baby straight away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think so. They were certainly suprised. First time I have seen Mum speechless lol. Dad gave me a huge hug straight away & shook DF's hand. They both recovered from the suprise quickly & were very supportive. Mum was great support during my pregnancy (answered all my questions & commiserated over the morning sickness & swelling) & they adore DD.
    We were disappointed in how MIL & FIL reacted. Or rather, how they didn't. They just sort of sat there & didn't really say anything much. I think they were disappointed at first. DF was pretty peeved at them for that, he wanted a happier reaction. They dote on DD now though.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Shocked... Yes... Dissappointed, maybe 3 out of the 4 (mine and DP's) however DP's dad was exstatic and really happy. We weren't together long (14 months) and she was was a complete surprise despite contraception. So I think everyone was a bit concerned about how soon it was in our relationship. But I think we were very adult to decide to continue the pregnancy.

Everyone got excited after the shock wore off. Now DD is a spoilt little munchkin

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Dad was. First time because I was young, DH and I weren't married yet, and I hadn't finished studying. The second time he was disappointed because he didn't think I could share my love between the two kids. He's got Aspergers though, so it was just him dealing with change. Once they were born he was besotted and is the best Grandy ever

No one else was disappointed though!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast