+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My folks were shocked and disappointed but extremely supportive. We had been together 5 years by then and were both 23. His folks however were not so great. DP told MIL first and asked her not to tell anyone as we wanted to do it ourselves so she promptly called his whole family to tell them. She didn't talk to me at all untill 2 months before DD was born
    My FIL told my DP he thought it was a trap and I had done it on purpose to get his money lol. We had been living together for 4 years, the whole time DP was at uni and I was supporting both of us on pennies.
    I know they were worried and concerned for him but it has put strain on my relationship with them. They are fantastic with DD and love her to bits but I can't let go of the fact that after so long they could think so little of me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtyban View Post
    my parents were disappointed i was born so..lol its
    nothing to do with my choices.

my mum handed me
    over to foster care asap and my dad has told me many a time that he was disappointed that my mother went through with having me..

so i do not have any respect for them...
    Oh hun, I had no idea. My sister told mum and she was happy I think. My dad said all that time he thought i was a lesbian so I proved him wrong. I made mum tell him though as I was scared of the reaction he would give.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I never told mine

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, I was the only disappointed one, funnily enough.

MIL cried with happiness and called everyone with the 'good news' even after I told her I was going to get a termination.

My Dad and Mum both said I could do whatever I wanted to do, since I'd been in a relationship for 5 years at that point, lived out of home and DH had a full time job.

I personally thought 20 was too young to have a kid, no matter how well set up we were to have one, so I was just going to terminate until I felt old enough to justify being a parent. Didn't end that way, but I don't really regret it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, no words of congratulations here, instead I got told I was going to have an abortion. It was more so my mum who I thought would understand being in the same situation as me before, I'm not sure she was disappointed but worried/scared that I wouldn't cope but either way she wasn't very supportive until over halfway through my pregnancy and realised how much I needed her. I'm onto my third pregnancy now at 24 and she couldn't be more happy with the way my life has turned out and probably one of the biggest supports I could have in my life. It's funny how things turn out, but I really wanted to show I could be the best mum to my children and I think she realises just how much I adore my children and being a mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First time everyone was happy. Dh and i both had good jobs. This time step mum and due to her dad and not happy at all. DS is special needs and we waited 5 years but thats not good enough for them.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents were more then disappointed, they were furious! (I was only 19 years old)

They got over it though, it took them awhile to get over the initial "shock". They love my DS dearly and are fantastic grandparents to him

With my current pregnancy, we told them as soon as we knew and they were very supportive.

StretchmarkBarbie is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2009- Best Username Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 17 when I fell pregnant. It took me a few MONTHS to work up the courage to tell my parents and from that point on I was treated like cr@p by my father. He called me 'the sl*t' would hit me and carry on. I finally moved out after he beat the living day lights out of me at 4 months pregnant and I almost miscarried my baby. So yeah.... safe to say I am the biggest disappointment in their lives.

ETA i am now almost 26, married to that child's father and we have another 2 kids, my parents adore all 3 kids but I am still never going to be anyone they are proud of. Even though I finished my education, am currently on the home stretch in my nursing degree and have 3 very happy, healthy, smart kids.
    Last edited by StretchmarkBarbie; 30-07-2012 at 16:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine were so excited! They were in the middle of Coles when I called them and told them (I was living interstate at the time). In fact, they put the phone on loudspeaker and got me to repeat it a little louder so everyone could hear. The whole aisle erupted with applause and they got congratulated by everyone around them. The front end staff even put a congrats to Mrs & Mrs XX over the loud speaker. Was very cute and like a scene out of a movie!

My folks have been wanting to be grandparents for a long time!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTulips For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum was shocked to begin with considering DP and I had only been seeing each other for about 4 months. My family were supportive and were extremely excited to be welcoming a new granddaughter/niece into the family.

DP's parents were not very happy. Once DP told them, they had a "discussion" with him one saturday afternoon that lasted about 8 hours, their advice was "pay as much money to the mother as you have to and you move in back home with us because it's ultimately it's going to fail, we don't care where the mother and our grandchild live but they are not living here" FFS it's not like he is a teenager he was 32 at the time! I will never, ever, ever forget those comments they made.

Now with stomach child on the way, we couldn't be happier! My side of the family is once again excited while DP's folks haven't even congratulated us and haven't expressed any excitement whatsoever. Miserable old coots...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast