+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there. I have had 2 vbac's now!
    My first was induced labour followed by distocia and an emergency CS.

My second bub I demanded an induction at 40 w. I was terrified of another big bub = em CS again.
    They broke my waters and used Syntocinon. He was delivered within 2 hours with forceps assistance due to a low heart beat. It was amazing even with the recovery!
    My latest little one was completely natural. I just hit a point where I stopped stressing. I went into prelabour and had regular contractions for around 36 hours (they were painless but regular do could sleep well enough with some panadol) then contractions finally got a wee bit painful. Within an hour of that I decided we better go to hospital.
    They wanted to monitor me for bubs heart beat (she wasn't engaged so it made it difficult. Kept moving on them ) within an hour of getting to the hospital I was ready to start pushing.

They broke my waters trying to screw a monitor onto her head. The only time I freaked out was when the midwife asked me if she was breech last appt as she hadn't engaged and she struggled to feel properly through my contrax. All in all it was. 35 hour prelabour, called the hospital several times but they didn't want me coming in til labour was established even though it was a vbac. 3 hours from start to finish once labour established. 0 internals, 0 ob's (the ob came to check on us and met the bub while I was showering instead) and it was the most amazing experience ever. Don't tell hubby but id do it again tomorrow!

I think the best part of it all though was snuggling my squishy muck covered baby, straight away, and feeding her while the cord was still pulsing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think what made me successful with the vbacs was my resolve. I was determined. While actually in labour though I did get scared. I used gas as a pain relief so I could remain upright and use gravity to help bubs move down. My hubby was my absolute rock, reassuring me that everything was going well/normal, letting me know how I was going in last stage. I NEEDED to hear that bubba was moving well as I had distocia with both of my boys.
    I did have a plan of what was to happen if intervention was required (which was used for my first vbac) but I also maintained my confidence and worked with my contractions. I can honestly say pushing bub out didn't even really hurt. The contractions did but the gas gave me something to focus on and helped me with my breathing. I just worked with my contractions naturally and bub worked her way down the birth canal (yes I was 10cm and still not engaged, it wasn't an issue at all). With this bub I had a minor graze that didn't need stitching. I didn't rush or force pushing etc, just put faith in my body and let nature do its thing. I'm still on a high from it 3 months on.

Good luck ladies! And remember knowledge is power.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm still coming down from my VBAC high of last wednesday. My dr and the midwives were really relaxed through the pregnancy so despite hubby telling me he didn't think I would do it I felt confident. I had a couple of mornings where I had really good pains that would then stop but tuesday evening they set in again every 10 to 20 minutes and stayed that way until about 4 am - they started getting closer at that point but I was coping and didn't feel like I needed to go to hospy and MIL (a midwife) never suggested it so I thought I was ages off. About 6am we decided I should head to the hospital purely because I been having contractions for 12 hours and I was a VBAC. Decided to go to the toilet before I left and standing up must have done something because the contractions started every 3 minutes then.

It was a long trip to hospital (1 hour) and by the time I walked in I was telling them I needed to push - which I told them repeatedly for over an hour until they finally examined me and worked out I was fully dilated and they should break my membranes. An hour later bub arrived with no tearing at all.

So my highly monitored early to arrive at hospy VBAC turned into one where the hospital think I should have arrived earlier and there have been several comments made to staff about the fact that I didn't have any monitoring for well over an hour when I arrived.

Def think that knowing my body had fully dilated last time and the only reason a needed a c-section was that the head wasn't in the right position helped my positive outlook.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: VBAC experiences - tell me everything!!! please:)

Great birth stories bizzy bee and Amyd. Makes me so much more determined to follow my heart with my vbac. I can do it, I can do it, I can do... When bubs finally decides its time

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default VBAC experiences - tell me everything!!! please:)

Reading these stories is making me so clucky and wanting to have another baby lol!!!

I can't comment on vbac, but I highly recommend a calm birth course, it is the most fantastic thing and I think it would be perfect for anyone who is determined to vbac (and for everyone else who is giving birth!)

Good luck girls x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, thank you so much for sharing your stories on here - Each time I read a positive story I feel more empowered that I can do it too
    i keep stressing over taking the risks associated with a vbac as the hospital I am booked in doesn't have a resident anaesthetist and if I need an EC I would be waiting anywhere from 20 min to an hour.

I feel like a crazy person because I keep changing my mind about what I feel is best to do for my baby, myself and my family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Theophania, I am really impressed by your experience. Can you please tell me more, including who your doula was, and which Brissy hospital u had the VBAC? I too, have had one caesarean, I found it extremely traumatic, and the whole process prevented me from breastfeeding (along with pretty bad care in hospital). I would really like to avoid having another caesarean, but don't know where best and to whom to look to in order to get a fair chance. I really hope to hear more about your experience. Congratulations, by the way. Well done. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendahlias View Post
    Hi Theophania, I am really impressed by your experience. Can you please tell me more, including who your doula was, and which Brissy hospital u had the VBAC? I too, have had one caesarean, I found it extremely traumatic, and the whole process prevented me from breastfeeding (along with pretty bad care in hospital). I would really like to avoid having another caesarean, but don't know where best and to whom to look to in order to get a fair chance. I really hope to hear more about your experience. Congratulations, by the way. Well done. Thanks!
    Hi @Greendahlias I thought you might be interested in birthtalk.org they run workshops in healing your traumatic birth experience (in Brisbane) and there is a book you can buy etc. there are also links to doulas etc. I intend on buying this book and maybe going to a meeting if I can get down to Brisbane. I had a traumatic experience with my first birth and although it was several years ago I want to ensure I am in the best head space to cope with birth #2 (hoping for a VBAC too).
    Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can highly recommend joining the VBAC Australia Support Group Facebook page. Over 3000 ladies with a wealth of vbac knowledge - some vba3c and vba4c ladies! I have learnt so much...the main thing being that no doctor or midwife has to 'let you'. Hospital policy does not equal law, you have the right to decide anything - including going over 42 weeks if you want.
    Good luck! X

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Spotdog For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (06-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Hi @Greendahlias I thought you might be interested in birthtalk.org they run workshops in healing your traumatic birth experience (in Brisbane) and there is a book you can buy etc. there are also links to doulas etc. I intend on buying this book and maybe going to a meeting if I can get down to Brisbane. I had a traumatic experience with my first birth and although it was several years ago I want to ensure I am in the best head space to cope with birth #2 (hoping for a VBAC too).
    Best of luck.

Dear Sunnygirl, thank you - that was recommended to me! I just haven't had time as my baby has only just turned 3mths. Please let me go if you intend on going to the meeting and I will join you ! It would be good to develop a little network in Brisbane, as it seems to be a bit thin on the ground for resources and networks. Thank you.