+ Reply to Thread

Default Baby's head measuring 2weeks ahead!!!!

Hi All,

Just had a scan this morning im supposed to be 23w 6d and the scan was mainly to check that my cervix was still closed.

I noticed when the technician did a measurement of babies head it showed up as 25w???? She questioned how far along I was again and then kept re-measuring to (what im guessing) try and get a size that was closer to 23w 6d.

Has anyone experienced this before??? They said results will be with my ob tomorrow so I will call him then but wondering if I should be concerned???

Appreciate any advise.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep our baby has constantly measured 2-3 weeks ahead from the 12week scan, including its head. We are having an IVF baby so know the EXACT moment of conception so our dates can't be changed. I am almost 29 weeks and our OB told us that it just means to expect a big bub, we were told we are looking at a 10 pounder :-)

Similar Threads

1. Measuring a week ahead?
    By rosengold111 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 08:14
  2. Measuring 3 weeks ahead...now what???
    By pram-mama in forum Third Trimester Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-10-2012, 17:05
  3. Measuring 2 weeks ahead!
    By Atropos in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27-07-2012, 16:25