+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    I was 78 kilos, took out the implant, and assumed it'd take us a good 6 months + to conceive, so I'd have plenty of time to get to 60-ish kilos.

Well we conceived the day after the implant was taken out.

I'm concerned that even though I'm just overweight, not obese, they'll have trouble doing an ultrasound.

I watched a youtube video where a 350 pound woman got an external ultrasound and had no issues....that eased my mind!
    78kg?? Oh man I'd kill to be that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am overweight and on my second pregnancy (twins this time) with DS I had a 5 week scan, they first did a 'normal' one and I could see the little peanut fine on the screen but I made sure I had a very very full bladder. I was then asked to empty my bladder and they did an internal. It was a little embarrassing but they got an even better look at the peanut. All ultrasounds after that were outside ones and as long as your bladder is full you will be fine. By the end of it I was going to the toilet an hour before the scan and then drinking a liter of water. The pain of the full bladder wasn't so bad then. With this pregnancy I had an 8 week scan and didn't have an internal at all could see both bubs perfectly. The lady even told me I'd filled my bladder well.

I lost weight while pregnant only because before being pregnant I would usually skip breakfast and sometimes lunch but while pregnant I made sure that I had all 3 meals to give bub what they needed to grow, i didn't do any more exercise than I normally did but I ate healthy and generally couldn't eat as much food before feeling full or sick. I wasn't interested in the unhealthy things like chips and chocolate. A packet of Tim tams would usually only last 2 days in our house, while pregnant it lasted 2 weeks. As long as your making healthy choices you will be fine.

As for showing I didn't really look any different until the end when I looked like I had a bit of a rounder top on my belly instead of a slope haha for lack of a better way to explain it. But I wear baggy clothes anyway so I could see myself changing at home but to others I just looked slimmer in the face. I was kind of disappointed because I think pregnant bellies are so cute and I didn't get to have one. It disappoints me when people get offended when people say they are huge coz I don't think it's in reference to them being fat, being fat myself I think their is totally a difference. I would have loved to be thin and someone say 'your huge' coz there's a little person in there of course I'd be huge.

I also had no issues through the whole pregnancy. I went public so once I was at the hospital antenatal clinic I had a different dr each visit and each time they were shocked that I had nothing wrong, no high blood pressure, no gestational diabetes, no preeclampsia, nothing. So it's very possible to be overweight and have a healthy normal pregnancy. Only thing different this time so far my hormones are crazy I am getting a bit moody with DH for little things.

Congratulations and good luck. You'll be fine, enjoy it it's a beautiful thing.

Oh I also didn't really feel DS move very much but that could have been because there was a lot of fluid around him, more than usual apparently and he was also a lazy baby at every scan he would only move a very minimal amount. I could see him moving occasionally but didn't feel it so much. I could sometimes feel a little bit of a ripple if I put my hand on my belly. I hope you get to feel it because the few times I could feel it was amazing. DS is always moving now that he's out he's making up for not moving much in there.

Again good luck :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I second that :-)

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I was 96 kilos this time last year, so I know what you mean! It is incredibly hard to get that motivation to push yourself to lose weight.

When DD was born I let myself go terribly. I also fell for the "eating for two" myth, and didn't watch my nutrition intake.

This time I'm watching what I'm eating, no sugars or junkfood. My only concession to sugar cravings is a glass of orange juice in the morning {and a slice of homemade cinnamon apple crumble last night, shhhh!}
    I've cut back my daily two hour power walk and one hour run to a more responsible two hour medium walk and half an hour light run, stop when I feel like it, no pushing myself!

I hope like this I'll put on minimum weight, and what weight I do put on is healthy, well balanced baby fat, not junkfood, useless fat.

Still sad that I didn't get to my goal weight before falling pregnant....but want this little parasite to get big and healthy!