+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenTas83 View Post
    There seems to be quotes going around between 10-20% for the nation, but I don't know if that is reflecting how many men are cut that are alive, or how many neonates they do each year.

The World Health Organisation estimates for males alive that are cut globally, is 665 million, which doesn't seem rare to me!

How many men are not? there are 3.4 billion men in the world!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Unfortunately these threads just go round and round in circles!
    Some are anti circ and some of us are pro circ and we really should respect each other. Just because something doesn't seem right for some doesn't mean it isn't. We all have different beliefs and in the end we as parents do what we believe is right for our kids.

For Dh and I, it was never an issue deciding if we would get our boys circ'd if we had boys. We have our beliefs and other reasons such as me working in a childrens hospital and noting the amount of older boys needing to be circ'd as well as boys in my family having to be circ'd later influenced our decsion too. We strongly believe we made the right choice for our boys in having them done. We did our research long before and it was all positive for us, we didn't see any cons and still don't. If the procedure had no benefits it would never have been done in the first instance. Both our boys were 5 days old when done and had no issues afterwards.

We were all born without clothes, does that mean we shouldn't wear them?

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

addie7758  (03-08-2012),BenTas83  (02-08-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (02-08-2012),wildoats  (20-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not sure why you have quoted me and your reply seems to be quite rude. I never once said that having the procedure done as an adult is easier or less painful. I was simply giving the op my experience which is that of a mother to a 2.5 yr old.
    and I was just chipping my 2c, based on my experience with the subject, sorry if it may have came off rude but it never intended to be.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BenTas83 For This Useful Post:

addie7758  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    How many men are not? there are 3.4 billion men in the world!
    Indeed, more males in the world are intact. However, I was citing a comment earlier that circumcision was rare, which it is certainly not. 5:1 is not rare. 100:1 is rare.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BenTas83 For This Useful Post:

addie7758  (03-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    If the procedure had no benefits it would never have been done in the first instance.
    Umm ... you may want to dip into the fascinating, actual history of circumcision before making such statements. Australia's leading historian on this issue is Robert Darby, and one of his essays A source of serious mischief is available online. A compelling read for both pro and anti circ people.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JohnC For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (06-01-2014),BenTas83  (03-08-2012),BigRedV  (03-08-2012),Caviar  (31-12-2013),duncan_bayne  (18-12-2013),serendipity22  (16-10-2012),Stiflers Mom  (04-08-2012),Witwicky  (02-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very interesting read, John.

The taboo against masturbation or other specific forms of sexual activity I have heard is tied in closely with the history of circ. These taboos are always religion-originated and come from ideas about what sex should be or how people are supposed to behave. Take the classic no sex before marriage as an example, and what the repercussions are if the rule is broken. Or, fundamental Catholicism and how it can trap young girls minds regarding sex so their adult sex life is broken. When the people begun to get smarter, the wrath / fear of god was no longer effective, and the church instead needed to adopt other more modern ways to attract and keep members, such as the 'god loves everyone' approach.

So I would think the history of circ as just as colourful, however, people still do it up to this day. It is what it is.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BenTas83 For This Useful Post:

JohnC  (05-08-2012),serendipity22  (16-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Circumcision in Sydney

Hi Members,

1- May I request you for an advice regarding any qualified doctors who are expert in circumcision of the new born kids and who charge the minimum for their services? As we are still jobless and cant afford to pay a lot of money.

2- Please also confirm if our health care card/medicare card could be of any use to us in this regard.

3-I have heard that it is banned in public hospitals of NSW? Is that correct?

What would be the best course of action in such a situation where the baby has to be circumcised....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done for wanting the best for your son. I'd leave it, and seek medical advice should any symptoms crop up as he ages. Should it become medically necessary, surgery would be an option.

Speaking for myself, I'm very glad my parents gave me the choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 2 boys who have both had issues due to not being circumcised. This has included hospitalisation.

I'm pregnant with my 3rd boy who will be circumcised at birth to prevent him going thru what his brothers have.

I was very anti circumcision until my experiences with my boys.

I still don't think it needs to be done as a matter of routine.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

Aron  (30-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cutehailian View Post
    Hi Members,

1- May I request you for an advice regarding any qualified doctors who are expert in circumcision of the new born kids and who charge the minimum for their services? As we are still jobless and cant afford to pay a lot of money.

2- Please also confirm if our health care card/medicare card could be of any use to us in this regard.

3-I have heard that it is banned in public hospitals of NSW? Is that correct?

What would be the best course of action in such a situation where the baby has to be circumcised....
    Public hospitals will only perform male circumcision where the operation is medically indicated, which is very unlikely in the case of normal infants.

In the last financial year for which I have firm figures (2009-10) 2,141 boys under age 5 were circumcised for medical reasons in a (public or private) hospital, from a total cohort of 746,322 boys.
    Last edited by JohnC; 19-12-2013 at 09:12. Reason: added figures

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnC For This Useful Post:

Caviar  (31-12-2013),duncan_bayne  (19-12-2013)