+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Loved mine for all of the reasons listef above. DD was only in hers for 4 months as she is very long but I still don't regret the purchase. It was so handy as I didn't wake her getting in and out of the car .

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkyPies For This Useful Post:

crazyaboutbubs  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love ours, yes only lasts a short time my bub is 4 months and now ready to look for another, but she is our first and won't go to waste will use again if we are hopefully blessed with another
    It's so convenient and even if they do wake it's fine atleast ur not constantly strapping and unstrapping bubs all the time and changing them when first born, especially If the weather isn't too great when out!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 25andhopeful For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My partner and I are thinking of hiring one, they are between $100 and $150 for 6 months.. We would think about buying if we were sure we were having a second child.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for sounding silly, being a first timer here - im just wondering if you are meaning just a capsule you can take in and out of the car, or is it something that you can use with a pram as well? I havent done much research about anything yet - so my knowledge is limited!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shackles View Post
    Sorry for sounding silly, being a first timer here - im just wondering if you are meaning just a capsule you can take in and out of the car, or is it something that you can use with a pram as well? I havent done much research about anything yet - so my knowledge is limited!!
    The capsule I had was part of a 'travel system' so it would clip into the base in the car and also into the pram.. I had the Steelcraft Agile Travel System, it was great! My only recommendation would be to try and get a pram that you can have the seat facing you or the world eg. the Steelcraft Strider Plus. I say that because DD HATES facing the world and needs constant attention, so I've just had to buy a different pram that can face me as well.

You can get those kind of prams in travel system packages as well

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PorkyPies For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    My partner and I are thinking of hiring one, they are between $100 and $150 for 6 months.. We would think about buying if we were sure we were having a second child.
    I managed to get the travel system - pram & capsule for about $550-600 brand new by shopping around. I think if they are sold together the capsule is often discounted.. My Mum had a hired Safe n Sound capsule in her car for DD when she'd take her out with her and honestly, it wasn't that great.

I think the key for capsules is to get it so it can clip into your pram. I rarely carried my capsule, as it is pretty annoying and awkward to do!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PorkyPies For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (30-07-2012),crazyaboutbubs  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got the steelcraft strider system from target and all up it was something like $550 in the sales (plus my fiancés discount)
    We absolutely love it!! We're in and out of the car all the time and especially in this weather it's been brilliant. Our pram faces either way too which is great

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MRR1006 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I loved mine! DD stayed in for about 9mths, which was great.

We had the Strider Plus travel system, and the capsule was great for being able to clip in and out of the car & pram, so we didn't have to wake her when taking her out/ putting her back in the car.

It was also really handy to carry her in the capsule and put it on the floor when out at a cafe/ restaurant (rather than lugging the whole pram in).

She's now 2 and we're still using the pram with the 'regular' seat in it. I was devastated when she got too heavy for the capsule!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow bubs due here in 4 weeks! And I was one for not getting one but the point about strapping bubs in at home before attending to toddler got me! Indeed one now lol.
    When I was nannying I found it really heavy and I didn't like leaving the baby in it for too long.

I guess there are always positives and negatives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. The Following User Says Thank You to smootch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have the strider plus & bub is 3 weeks old. We have already used it numerous times & no regrets at all!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenga For This Useful Post: