+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you regret buying a capsule / travel system?

I have had so many people say they are the best thing since sliced bread and couldn't ever live without their capsule/travel system.. It was the best thing they purchased!

On the other hand.. i've had a lot of people tell me their not worth the money, they only last a short time, they are heavy to lug around, leaving baby in for long periods is not good as they should lie flat, being able to pick baby up n get them used to being moved around and woken is good for them.. Etc, etc.

The thing is a lot of the people against them haven't ever used one for their own children!! I'm not really sure i can take their advice if they haven't experienced the convenience of a capsule/travel system??

So has anyone that's used a capsule regretted it or stopped using it for future babies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We hardly use our car, so I'm sure that's a factor.
    I only used a capsule for bub #3 and only because it was the only way I could fit 3 car seats in my car until DD was old enough to go in a booster seat.
    We used the capsule until DS was almost 8 months and too long/heavy for it and I can count on one hand the times I actually took it out of the car.
    But I'm sure that if I used the car more I would have found it more useful.
    HTH

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sub Rosa For This Useful Post:

crazyaboutbubs  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one and loved it. DS had reflux and was a terrible sleeper and I found it invaluable. I didn't use it for long, but for me it was worth every cent.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Best thing we bought! I use the car a fair bit though - you wouldn't need one if you didn't.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did LOVE mine as a new first time mum who was scared i'd wake the baby and not be able to settle him, but for my next i wouldnt get one. I'd probably opt for stretchy wrap to carry them when i can or just put in the pram.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved mine and it's packed away for the next bub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't have one for my first child cos I listened to those nay Sayers. Big mistake. Bought one for my second. Do not regret it for a sec.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love ours!!! I hate that I only got one with our third and final baby! So easy to transfer and get around. Love it. If I didn't have to be pregnant and give birth I'd totally have another so I could use it again!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs'n'Roses For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, never. Infact its definetly one of the best buys we made! No. 2 is coming along in 13weeks and it will be so handy for DS1's daycare drop off/pick ups. Means I can get bub sorted and belted in his capsule in the house rather than trying to get 2 kid sorted in the car.

DS1 was an excellent sleeper in it, which made it great for quick shopping trips and not having to disturb him. DS was also a winter baby so meant I could have him wrapped up warm and cosy before putting him in the car instead of leaning over in the cold if I hadnt of had one. This bub will be born in the tropics and it will be coming into wet season so same applies.

Seriously love love it!

ETA : Oh and DS used his til about 6.5months and could of stayed for longer if it wasnt for buying a new carseat in a big sale, so it definetly got use. People were telling me it would only use it for 2-3months and what a waste of money!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uh-Oh For This Useful Post:

Bluest Blue Box  (30-07-2012),crazyaboutbubs  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely feel better about getting one now. My mum was with me in the shop when the lady tried to talk me out of a capsule.. even though she never used one herself. My mum now thinks they are not worth it.. but she didn't use one either! Seems because it wasn't an option back then and they didn't use them, that it's not a good investment.. and i can live without.

Now i just have to choose the right one to go with my new city select.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to crazyaboutbubs For This Useful Post:

smootch  (30-07-2012)