+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I forgot to mention no mimi my work does not know, I've been lucky it hasn't affected my work until today when I will be leaving work early. IF I make it to ecu and transfer I will provide doc certs. I think it depends if it's just a few days every now and again it's ok for work not to be concerned.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default August/ September IVF?

I told my boss, so I can get any days off I need, only had to take today off for EPU so far and ET falls on my day off so it's all good. I have a good relationship with my boss so I didnt think any dramas to share it with her.

So EPU today resulted in 8 eggs, 6 fertilized so pretty happy with that, interesting to see how the next few days pan out. One thing the lab did say was they weren't able to do the HA part of the icsi cause the sperm count was too low, so they just had to do regular icsi? Anyone know what HA is and if it's gonna make any difference?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Goldie77 For This Useful Post:

Mantha77  (17-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodie don't know if it makes any diff but we have done it with the last 2 cycles and we are getting similar fertilisation rates and embryo quality. Btw excellent fertilisation results.

We keep ivf to ourselves and my few closest girlfriends. No one else knows as didn't want to discuss it at work. So far so good as managed to work around it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goldie77 good luck with your little embeds. Hope you get some frosties out of it as well.

Wantingabubby try to stay sane with your TWW. I found the last couple days the worst.mi hope you get a BFP.

Mimi77 I never told my boss. I took sick days when I needed time off (only a day and a half in total).

AFM I had my 2nd BT today, hormones are rising really well. I have a scan to confirm we have a little baby growing. I can't wait to hopefully hear the little heart beat.

Good luck to everyone. Keep your chins up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goldie - congrats on great EPU and 6 embies well done. BTW do you guys find out same day how many have fertilised? I thought this happened overnight? Maybe every clinic is different.

I have told my boss - I work in local government in senior HR role so I have flexibility which is great but wanted her to know that I wasnt out looking for other jobs etc. My FS does scans not BTs so I need to see him regularly throughout the cycle. I am lucky though in that i can work from home and out of the office when required - which makes things a bit easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, I wasnt sure if my numbers were good or bade, so that helps a lot.
    Midnight, yeah EPU was at 9am, and they called me at 3pm. I love my clinc, they are so efficient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Goldie - that's so exciting!
    In answer to the question abut work - I told my boss who is very supportive - she know about our m/c because of the time I had to have off and actually quite a few women in my dept( also HR)have been through IVF so I feel quite supported at work. It's hard though - in my first pregnancy I didn't really share what was going on with me until the m/c and in hindsight it would have been better to talk to work earlier about what was happening - its different for everyone though hey?

So, started jabbing this morning - 125ml gonalf- DH did the honours and he did a good job actually - then he managed to stab his own finger putting the needle in the container - very very funny.

Also went to counselling today (determined to make the most of the free provision of counselling!) and made the decision to really emotionally embrace this cycle - I realised I have been trying to remain emotionally distant from the cycle and hope that it might work after losing the baby earlier this year but because that's not my normal way of acting I've been finding it really stressful. So, decided to start having hope again and just see what happens. Feeling much better.

Hope everyone had a good day. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Hopingformore - Thank you for your kind words. I really hope that the IUI works out for you. It's good to hear you have a plan in place if this isn't the one but I really hope it is x

Hilton04 - Thank you for sharing your story, it gives me hope! I hope I get that golden egg this time around. Good luck to you too x

Mimi77 - No one at my work knows. In fact very few people over all know, but I didn't want people at work to know. I've had medical cents for days I've needed for EPU and transfer. I think you just have to do what feels right for you, everyone has a different situation.

Chances - How did you get on? For you x

Wantingabubby - Best of luck for the 2ww. Really hope it goes quickly for you x

Goldie77 - Great numbers! Can't help with HA as I have no idea. When is transfer?

Bodymegs - So lovely to hear about your bubs! Very excited please do keep us posted it's magical heating the heartbeat, I cried first time I heard DS's x

Hi to everyone else, sorry for anyone I've missed, I couldn't see the previous pages.

AFM - had 2nd scan today. Follies are growing nicely had trigger tonight and EPU booked for Wed morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ROLL CALL

Limbo Land
    KandP

Waiting for AF
    Lynley
    Kimberleygal1
    April78

Tracking

Pill Popping
    Kimberleygal1
    Infertileparent (FET HRT)

Sniffing
    Midnite01
    Sahch

Jabbing
    Stc76
    Moo79
    Mantha77
    Hilton04 -- Sep 18

Sniffing & Jabbing
    Little Feet
    Chances
    Sahch -- Sep21
    Eleash

EPU
    Eleash -- Sep 28
    Tamandmarc -- Sep 14 (7 eggs, 5 fertalised)
    Stc76 -- Sep 14 (6 eggs, 2fertalised)
    Bellavista -- Sep 3
    Mimi77
    PrincessPud (8eggs, 5 fertalised)
    Goldie77 -- Sep 17 (8 eggs, 6 fertalised)

ET
    Stc76 -- Sep 18
    PrincessPud (8eggs, 5 fertalised) -- Sep 17
    Tamandmarc -- Sep 18

FET

IUI
    HopingForMore

TWW
    Hope2487
    KLD1 -- Sep 12
    MinxyQ -- Sep 14
    FruitBowl -- Sep 27 (9 eggs, 1 fertalised)
    Elkalemi (7eggs, 1 transfered and 1 frozen)
    Wantingabubby (7 eggs, 1 transfered, no frrozen)

Hugs needed this time
    April78 (38 eggs, 27 fertalised, 4 Day 5 frozen, No Transfer risk OHSS)
    Jaandaw
    Button21 Cancelled
    Nixpenguins (17 eggs, 1 Transfered 2 Frosties)
    Samarasmum (1 Transfered, 1 Frostie)
    Rainieheart ( 8 frozen blastocysts, No transfer OHSS)
    Infertileparent ( 14 eggs, 4 fertalised) OHSS
    Mrs Dolphin
    Gstef
    Ivfnewbie (9 eggs, 7 fertalised)
    Squeak4123
    Montesmum -- Sep 14 (22 eggs, 1-9 fertalised, 1 transfered, no frosties)

Graduates
    Jessesgirl!!!! Never thought I'd get here ( 9 eggs, 6 fertalised, 5 on track)
    Fingerscrossed11 (13 eggs, 10 viable)
    Bodymegs -- Sep 14 (17 eggs, 13 fertalised)
    JUAMA -- Sep 13 (8 Day 5 frosties)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I googled HA, it's something that naturally our eggs have covering them which only sperm that has no abnormalities or DNA defects can bind to, so when they do the icsi they put HA in with the sperm so they know they are getting healthy sperm, so without the HA the scientist is just picking the best ones visually, so just gonna be pot luck really.
    my transfer is on Saturday.