+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope2487, thanks. I am feeling good, a bit tired but can't complain. Woke up this morning with sore boobs. Test is next Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank hopingformore i have more and more questions every day the more i learn lol!

Yes i too have read that the AMH levels don't matter - just the egg quality. On that - how many eggs did you usually get each cycle? And how many in the last cycle you got pregnant? I'm trying to not get ahead of myself and realise i need to get some eggs first!

I guess i am a September cycle...i started synarel Aug 23 but AF decided to show up a week late so i start the injections tomorrow....i have already forgotten what the nurse said lol but i'm sure my FS will go over it again the the morning.

I have bloated out to look like i'm 3-4mths pregnant! Its horrible and i'm sure the gym trainers were wondering why is she training like a manic when shes pregnant lol or just fat! I usually bloat around AF but this is out of control considering I exercise every day and eat well! Please tell me the bloating subsides? Or is this likely to hang around as fat

I'm so silly i just your signature! ok so 1 egg each time and no frosties...thats tough going! I was hoping for frosties at least to do some FET transfers.

I know this cycle is a test run but I think i am doing everything in my power to make it work - food, supplements, acup, relaxation massages little things like keeping feet warm and i have a list of do and donts for all stages of ivf so i guess its getting the drugs right. (plus knowing i have considered these things makes me more positive)I had to roll my eyes at some of the obvious Qs about caffeine and alcohol but each to their own.

Everyone has to make sacrifices to get what they want to life - some of us just have to work harder yeh? But when it happens - must be magic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looks like my embie has let go. OHSS symptoms started improving last night and I started spotting this morning. I really wish that doctors wouldn't say things to get our hopes up, it's hard enough at the best of times to go through this process.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default August/ September IVF?

**massive hugs** infertileparent. The doctor really should not have said anything to you to raise hopes. Doesn't he realise we will cling to any small ounce of hope?

How bad is the spotting?

Sorry everyone I am here--- reading all your posts. Just had a very eventful few weeks and haven't had time to post. DH found out he has a posting in Sydney. So we have had lots to discuss.

AFM- I flew over last night for my EPU/ scans and ET. I have my scan today to see how many follies I have. *fingerscrossed I have many!*

Congrats to those who graduated! Jessesgirl!!!!

Hug hugs to those who haven't. On iphone so can only recall Samarasmum. *hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chances View Post
    Thank hopingformore i have more and more questions every day the more i learn lol!

Yes i too have read that the AMH levels don't matter - just the egg quality. On that - how many eggs did you usually get each cycle? And how many in the last cycle you got pregnant? I'm trying to not get ahead of myself and realise i need to get some eggs first!

I guess i am a September cycle...i started synarel Aug 23 but AF decided to show up a week late so i start the injections tomorrow....i have already forgotten what the nurse said lol but i'm sure my FS will go over it again the the morning.

I have bloated out to look like i'm 3-4mths pregnant! Its horrible and i'm sure the gym trainers were wondering why is she training like a manic when shes pregnant lol or just fat! I usually bloat around AF but this is out of control considering I exercise every day and eat well! Please tell me the bloating subsides? Or is this likely to hang around as fat

I'm so silly i just your signature! ok so 1 egg each time and no frosties...thats tough going! I was hoping for frosties at least to do some FET transfers.

I know this cycle is a test run but I think i am doing everything in my power to make it work - food, supplements, acup, relaxation massages little things like keeping feet warm and i have a list of do and donts for all stages of ivf so i guess its getting the drugs right. (plus knowing i have considered these things makes me more positive)I had to roll my eyes at some of the obvious Qs about caffeine and alcohol but each to their own.

Everyone has to make sacrifices to get what they want to life - some of us just have to work harder yeh? But when it happens - must be magic
    Hi Chances, very best of luck to you. It sounds like you are fully informing yourself and doing everything you can, which is the best you can do. I haven't joined this thread as I am due to start IVF in November, but was wondering if you could please point me in the direction or let me know where you went to get all the pre-IVF info you've mentioned (diet, supplements, etc). I would love to start to prepare as much as possible now to have the best chance in November. Thanks so much, Della

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Della
    I'm off to work but will respond tonight. I did hours and hours of research, read books etc. Alot of it was for fertility pre IVF and then i started once i was referred to the FS, to look more into ivf.

I am no expert!! But i feel unless i have done all i can personally then i can eliminate any negative thoughts or guilt heading into ivf. I am like this in every aspect of life too lol - all or nothing so i'm not saying everyone should do this - but this makes me tick and reassures me.

There is a great forum on here - tips for IVF or something along those lines - i have been going thru that and am only halfway atm and cutting and pasting into a doc

talk soon have a great day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingerscrossd11 - good luck for BT!

bodymegs - sore boobs are an awesome sign - good luck!

infertileparent - so sorry this is happening - I agree with FruitBowl - Dr should never have said anything.

FruitBowl - good luck with the scan - hope you have heaps of follies!

Della - good luck for November!

chances - I remember my first time - I was so hopeful and thought maybe I could get 10 eggs, some good embryos and maybe a few to freeze - turned out to be a pipe dream. My FS has kindly described my ovaries as "poor, slow and sluggish", which has meant that even on 450 units of puregon I've only been able to produce three eggs. I've read about some ladies with low AMH that have been able to respond much better to follicle stimulation and hopefully that will be you.

I think one of the other things that would have been helpful to know for my first cycle is that the number of follicles measured on ultrasound does not necessarily equate to the number of eggs retrieved. I remember for one of my cycles I had seven follicles in the right size range but still only got three eggs (your estrogen levels need to be about 1000 per egg - I think - maybe someone else can correct me on this or check with your nurses - anyway for that cycle my estrogen was nowhere near achieving a seven egg haul).

I haven't used Synarel, only Lucrin, Orgalutran and Puregon. I didn't have too many difficulties with side-effects - I always put that down to being a poor responder - the drugs did barely anything to my ovaries so only fair there were no serious side-effects. Hopefully someone else can put your mind at ease about the bloating but I have heard some ladies talk of putting on about 1kg per cycle (I think I may have added an extra 2kgs during my IVF time). My FS doesn't want me to raise my body temperature too much while doing an IVF cycle so I was advised to be careful of strenuous exercise, you might want to talk to your nurses about what they recommend.

I find the jabbing portion of the cycle to be the most hopeful (I'm sure others prefer the PUPO period but I just found that so stressful and depressing). At least when I'm jabbing I'm proactively working towards making eggs that will hopefully make a baby. And yes - once it works it's magic!

Maybe this cycle will be the one for you - try and stay positive but vent as much as you need to (especially on the forum as sometimes those in real life don't really get it). Good luck with the jabbing - I still suck at it - sometimes I'm holding my belly fat in one hand and the needle in the other and just staring for a couple of minutes to work up the courage to stick it in (I'm such a wimp).

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HopingForMore For This Useful Post:

chances  (06-09-2012),FruitBowl  (06-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopingformore ~ I'm keeping my fingers crossed but not wanting to read too much into it at this stage.

Infertilepatent - don't give up. When I had me ET they said that 50% of patients how got spotting did fall pregnant. Hang in there and stay positive
    Last edited by bodymegs; 06-09-2012 at 14:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support ladies. The spotting has stopped and the OHSS bloating and breathing difficulties have increased again. It doesn't change anything. I refuse to think anything positive anymore, no matter what the medical experts tell me, this process is doing my head in. This positive thinking thing works well for some but I'm a negative until proven positive kinda girl. Less disappointment that way!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default August/ September IVF?

BFP

HCG : 114 is that ok?