+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default August/ September IVF?

Hi all, as time is getting closer I'm starting to stress myself out!
    Today my worries are about egg transfer - what if they can't get tube (for lack of a better name) in and cant transfer?
    Has this ever happened to anyone???
    Last edited by Eleash; 04-09-2012 at 22:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eleash View Post
    Today my worries are about egg transfer - what if they can't get tube (for lack of a better name) in and cant transfer?
    The first time DP had the transfer there were difficulties but that was due to her cervix and the fact she didn't drink enough water b4 hand. All they did was bend the transfer thingy (need sleep can't think ) and it was fine. You will have no problem

Thanks
    Reviews

Yay mixyq! I wish I was busy this tww I'm going stir crazy - wishing you all the baby dust in the world.
    Eleash I was worried about that too. I did find the first ET the most uncomfortable as I was nervous and having trouble relaxing but the more you relax- just keep thinking about having your knees 100% flopped out - the better it is! And def drink enough water :-)

I'm over this tww! 5dp5dt today and feel sick at the thought of this one not working as well. Usually I'll start spotting by tomorrow night but who knows maybe the extra progesterone will hold it off. Trying to stay positive, hoping this one will be the one x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope2487 For This Useful Post:

minxyq  (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Eleash View Post
    Don't stress! Transfer is the least dramatic part of the whole ivf journey!!! It's actually a bit of an anti climax compared to everything else we have to do! The best part is knowing u are PUPO!! good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick me post: Spent a few hours last night in the local emergency ward with breathing difficulties. Had an appointment with my FS this morning who told me I have late-onset OHSS which is causing my breathing difficulties and he is almost certain that I am pg. It's too early to test yet but he told me that every patient he has seen with my symptoms has ended up pg. I politely told him I am going to pretend he hadn't said that, for my own sanity, and wait for the test results before I get my hopes up. He thinks I should POAS on Friday or Saturday if I can't wait until my beta on Monday. Until then I am trying really hard to not even be cautiously optimistic, just in case he is wrong. I'm on directed rest for the remainder of the week and being bored wont help with the TWW crazies. I still can't fight the nagging feeling that this cycle will be a BFN despite all this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I am also an old member who hasn't been on for a while. I did an ICSI cycle in July 2010, & was lucky enough to get a BFP. My little man was born in March 2011, & my DH & have now decided we are going to try for a little playmate for him.

We have MFI, & DH has lost a lot of weight & quit smoking since our last attempt, so our FS suggested we try natuarally for a few months first. Nothing has happened (of course!), so we'll be cycling again this month.

I picked up my drugs on Friday, & am now waiting (impatiently) for AF to arrive, so we can get the ball rolling again.

I found this forum such a support when I was cycling last time, so am looking forward to being back on here again, & getting to know a whole new bunch of ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I just started jabbing last night for IVF cycle #5 after a break due to my miracle baby from cycle #4. I'm a poor responder with low AMH and am just hoping that my fertility hasn't declined too much in the last year and a half.

I'm feeling hopeful but am worried I'm going to quickly slip into despair if things go badly this time round - I'm trying to focus on being grateful for what I've been blessed with. As it stands, prior to my successful cycle, my FS advised me that donor eggs were my best option so hoping to be able to prove her wrong and do it with my own eggs again.

Looks like there may be some exciting BFPs for some coming up very soon on this thread. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hopeful
    i'm curious as to how low your AMH was 1.5yrs ago prior to conceiving?

The reason i ask is mine is 9.5 and i'm only 31. I see it took 4 goes for you. wow i'm mid way through my first and am not sure how many i can go through but i guess once you get your prize it makes it all worth it

Good luck with IVF 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopingForMore View Post
    Hi all,

I just started jabbing last night for IVF cycle #5 after a break due to my miracle baby from cycle #4. I'm a poor responder with low AMH and am just hoping that my fertility hasn't declined too much in the last year and a half.

I'm feeling hopeful but am worried I'm going to quickly slip into despair if things go badly this time round - I'm trying to focus on being grateful for what I've been blessed with. As it stands, prior to my successful cycle, my FS advised me that donor eggs were my best option so hoping to be able to prove her wrong and do it with my own eggs again.

Looks like there may be some exciting BFPs for some coming up very soon on this thread. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi chances,

My AMH level was 6.1 in early 2010 when I was 31. My FS asked me if I wanted to get tested before starting again this time but my husband and I ultimately don't care what the AMH result is now, we won't give up unless we get to a point where at EPU there are no eggs to collect (even if the AMH result came back undetectable we'd still give it a try). I'm taking DHEA now and was for my successful cycle (although I got a baby from that cycle we were hoping for better egg numbers and we didn't get that so we're not totally sold that DHEA is the be all and end all but I've read plenty of amazing success stories from people with low ovarian reserve using DHEA).

I know how hard it is to keep going and going and going with cycle after cycle when you keep getting BFNs and everyone around you seems to be getting BFPs but if you're getting mature eggs that fertilise I wouldn't give up (and even if you're not then maybe get a second opinion and try something new). I was absolutely crushed when I was told to consider donor eggs (especially as I have no obvious options for a donor) but I'm so happy that we kept going and have the most beautiful little boy to show for it.

I know that it is a heart-breaking reality that it doesn't work out for everyone, but if there is still a chance I honestly believe that you need to exhaust all your options and keep hoping for that miracle.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can help with. Also keep in mind that first cycles are almost like test runs as your FS learns about your response and can tweak your protocol for future cycles.
    Wishing you all the very best and a good sprinkle of . You never know you might be one of the lucky ones that gets a BFP first go (I'm so jealous of those people)!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

BT tomorrow hoping for a BFP!