+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DH and his friends at Uni actually had t-shirts made with Eric Moussambaani on them. That was a cool Olympic moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Steve Redgrave the British rower saying to the camera after winning his 4th gold medal in a row "if anyone sees me near a boat again, they have my permission to shoot me" 4 years later he won a 5 th gold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I was going to say Eric Moussa...(?) as well

My favourite though, was Derek Redmond in Barcelona, 1992. I was too young to remember, but have seen several YouTube clips of it.

His hamstring snapped halfway through his sprint and he dropped to the ground like a tonne of bricks. He was desperate to at least finish the race and kept pushing the medics away, hobbling along in great agony. His Dad jumped up off the sideline, pushed past some security guards and put his arm around him and said 'We'll finish this together". And they did

His father was actually asked to carry the torch in London for this Olympic games
    I hadn't heard about this! What an amazing story, I just teared up reading your post

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mulva For This Useful Post:

Pearl Barley  (30-07-2012),Witwicky  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine has already been said - Kerrie Strugg Women's Artistic Gymnastics Team final in Atlanta.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Duncan Armstrong, Debbie Flintoff-King - I started doing athletics because of her. Keiran Perkins, oarsome foursome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pina Colada View Post
    Mine has already been said - Kerrie Strugg Women's Artistic Gymnastics Team final in Atlanta.
    Oh that was a goodie too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Mine is a funny memory. USA declaring they were going to smash us Aussies like "guitars" in the Mens 4 x 100m relay at the Sydney games(I think or Atlanta?) and we beat them... Our Aussie boys then played "Air guitars" beside the pool Still see Klimmy playing that guitar haha!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mahjong For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (30-07-2012),Witwicky  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjong View Post
    Mine is a funny memory. USA declaring they were going to smash us Aussies like "guitars" in the Mens 4 x 100m relay at the Sydney games(I think or Atlanta?) and we beat them... Our Aussie boys then played "Air guitars" beside the pool Still see Klimmy playing that guitar haha!
    Yes! It was Sydney and Ian Thorpe was the last swimmer and he beat Gary Hall Jr ( arrogant American swimmer!) we were sitting in our local pub watching it live , even if you are not into the Olympics that was priceless! I'm off to you tube and watch it again!