+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Frequent braxton hicks contractions

Hi ladies,

Just after a bit of advice from anyone who has experienced something similar. I am 26 weeks on Wednesday.
    I have been getting bh contractions from about 16 weeks this pregnancy, very irregular and nothing that has worried me.
    From yesterday afternoon I have been getting them alot, between 7 and 10 an hour. They don't last long, around 30 seconds each, not painful either just uncomfortable.
    They continued through the night and again this morning, accompanied by a full feeling in my tummy I get when my period is due. I've also had a couple of pandiene extra this morning for bad pelvic girdle pain.

Anyway the question is when do I worry?? With my DD I got them a bit and was always told they were normal and not to worry, but they were never regular and frequent, and generally only when I was doing something physical, where as this comes even when I am lying/sitting down.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I were in your position I would probably call and try and speak with a midwife, only because they are regular and you need panadiene to get through. Better to get checked and have it be nothing, then wait and it might be something.
    Good luck, I hope that all is ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bb i was thinking i might need to call. My ob gets in in an hour so will call then.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with the PP, always better to be safe then sorry.

I had this with my second from about the 26 weeks mark - every few days I would get a run of a good few hours where they were constant. After about 34 weeks they started to get painful and would get closer together up to about 5 mins apart and then they would settle right down. But any time I wasn't sure about it or thought something felt different I would call the midwife just to ask advice, that way I wasn't sitting there worrying, I knew they would let me know if it was something I needed checked. In the end I was checked a few times and even they thought it was labour starting once at 35 weeks, but I had a stern word to bubs and told him he wasn't budging, lol. It worked and he came at 39 weeks.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, Hi...sounds like you have an irretable uterus. YOu could have it with every pregnancy or with only one...it depends on you. I can only discribe what it is like for me, but it is best to speak with your OB and se what he/she says. I started with BH from 10 weeks, just about all the time, some times painfull sometimes not, sometimes regular like 4 min appart 30 sec long, some times with a trigger sometimes without. I am now 35 weeks and I go to labour often thinking baby is comming, my cervix also started shortening and softening at 24 weeks but progress happened slowly and I am still fine, where with my previous preg I was in labour at 26 weeks, they stopped it and she was eventualy born at 35 weeks. My doc told me that the only way I will know if it is labour or not, when it is regular, is to be checked. What I do now is take 2 panadein extra and get in bed with a heat pack on my back (you could have a bath but I am infection prone so I stay away from the bath), if it continues or get stronger and closer together I go to hospital...other than the other obvious signs like show or water breaking. HTH I can promise you it is no fun and it is exhausting...best of luck.