+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If hubby is off work and you're up all night with the babe, why the heck are you running the household?? What happens here is: I work through the night breastfeeding and settling, thus husband works through the morning. He gets up with babe at 5/6am, makes me coffee in bed, cooks breakie, while I get to catch up on sleep I missed last night. Any reason your hubs is not doing this? Can you sleep through the day when your babe does? Remember babies work on 24 hour sleep schedules (sadly) which don't fit in with "real life!" Let the house go to sh!t or better yet, let your husband clean it; remember terrible daytime tv was invented for sleep deprived parents and can you ask family or friends to prepare meals for you?
    Much strength - geeze it's hard - but it WILL pass - it HAS to!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

becandabub  (30-07-2012),lovesushi  (31-07-2012),trishalishous  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You poor thing. I've been there. 4-8 months was the worst and then it got better and at 18 months, it's ok. Your post was every well written, especially for someone so sleep deprived!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have hardly slept in 14 months.I don't beleive there is ANYTHING that will convince a high needs baby. I laughed about your list of googleable methods for settling babies. Controlled crying doesn't work. Gentle methods don't work. So I gave up. Dd sleeps on a king single mattress on the floor. I sleep with her. She rolls around all night and helps herself to my nipples as she pleases. I try to sleep. On really bad nights I watch my tv series dvds and sit upright with her on my chest. Or sometimes I let her run around and party while I just stare at her in disbelief! If she cries non stop I usually give her panadol and assume something hurts.
    Yes I am entirely making up parenting this child as I go along. Big hugs to you. It's very hard. You are doing well.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

captainscaptain  (15-08-2012),lovesushi  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 7 Months, and still no relief in sight...on to the PORT again...

The cat thing is totally true. And I am not to the point of yelling at powerpoints yet but I did give the weetbix box a good smashing this morning lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ahhh bless. You are anything but a failure....you are tending to your child! DS's sleep has been a roller coaster since the 4 month regression. 1 night waking...2 night wakings, 8 night wakings (lol) back to 1,3,6....he's now 16 months. I'm willing to go through it all again though for another little bundle of "joy"

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hugs lady it sucks i know but give it a few more months ( maybe a year and you wil either be used to it and it wont bother you any more or she will of gotten better. Either way you will feel better about it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 7 Months, and still no relief in sight...on to the PORT again...

I think this is probably my first proper post, I normally just browse the forums while bubs sleeps. This thread has made me feel a little better about myself. My ds (6months) sleeps perfectly....IF he is lying on or next to me! Otherwise he doesn't sleep at all! I feel like I must have done something wrong when he was younger to make him like this! So it is always a little reassuring that others go through the same thing. I just hope everyday that tomorrow is the day he grows out of it and can sleep alone...

Sent from my HTC Legend using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I understand how you feel, my first DD was awful for the first year with sleeping and i struggled big time. DD2 is 2 and still an awful sleeper - i don't think she will ever sleep well and it's hard work.
    You're not a failure, some kids sleep, others don't - we are just the unlucky ones who got cr@p sleepers..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: 7 Months, and still no relief in sight...on to the PORT again...

How are you going now, BM? A house of non-sleepers here too so completely sympathise but it does get better. I promise