+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hard as rocks!!

You must be swift as a courting river/with all the force of a great typhoon/with all the strength of a raging fire/mysterious as the dark side of the moon

Thanks
    Reviews
    So what I actually meant to write was;

I've recently started by 4w/o on formula and my boobs are SO ******* SORE!!! (even wearing a bra kills me) And they are as hard as rocks

Is there any way to help with the pain??? I'm guessing it's from being so damn full so would expressing a bit be counterproductive?

ANY IDEAS/TIPS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have a hot shower or bath and let the water flow over your breasts then express as much as you can by hand. Your body produces milk on a 'supply and demand' type arrangement so expressing by hand this way I found that my body was less inclined to make more milk to replace what I'd expressed off because it wasn't the sucking action of an infant.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

MRR1006  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Love Mulan!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Express enough for comfort, but don't express TOO much, as you will just be stimulating your supply. Your milk supply should start to dwindle down as it is removed less from the breast. Make sure you keep an eye out for lumps etc, as engorgement can lead to mastitis.

Ideally it's best to wean slowly by dropping a feed at a time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apparently sage tea contains a natural form of estrogen and can decrease your supply and help dry up your milk.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was advised to keep a firm bra on at all times, avoid hot water going near your breasts and don't touch your breasts or nipples at all (although I've read lots of people express a little). Cold cabbage leaves in your bra can also help. I went through this about 2 weeks ago. It's painful for a few days but does ease as the supply drops. Definately keep an eye out for redness and lumps & see your gp if you are concerned.