+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops I meant dole too, geez I've been on maternity leave too long 2 months in and I'm losing my brain.. And taiyed that's an awesome deal!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Totally for it and think its a good thing.
    i have been employed with my employer for 14yrs and have had parental leave twice. My employer has been very supportive because of my knowledge, it is easier for me to take leave than get another person to fill my position.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou89 View Post
    Totally for it, if you go to work pay your taxes you should definitely be entitled to it... Feels like you get a little bit back. Nothing annoys me more when ppl are on the doll and keep having kids once their youngest is at school so they don't have to go back to work. As already mentioned if I pay my $17000 in tax a year I deserve to get something back!!!
    Yes I agree, I have been with my employer for 14yrs, paid my taxes... I deserve parental leave

Thanks
    Reviews
    Along with my husband, I am a small business owner of 2 fast food restaurants. Paying maternity leave to a full time employee could send us broke.
    We pay above award wages, company tax, personal tax, superannuation and state payroll tax. Yes on paper we make some money but after paying our business debts and normal everyday expenses of raising our family times are tuff. The only reason we are doing this is because we are paying of assets that in 15 years may or may not pay off and DH and I can spend way more time with our children than the average family. Yes we are lucky but it is a HARD and sometimes depressing juggling act.
    Our government has done nothing but make it hard to own small businesses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    All for it, any nation needs renewal of its population. And need to give its population the best possible way to raise their kids (education is the basis of everything).

I come from France where one's get 6 weeks prior to the birth + 10 weeks after the birth at full pay. After that, most of the women get back to work (which I think is great).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    100% for government funded leave like baby bonus (as its paid now in fortnightly amounts) or ppl.
    Not sure how I feel about private businesses hypothetically having to pay it. When I was pregnant, I worked for a med sized business and was 1 of 6 pregnant women. (80ish staff total), plus the business was downsizing due to a bad couple of years. If they had to pay 6 lots of mat leave it could have been really bad for them. If a company can afford it and offers it, I think it is really great as it can help the parent stay home with bubba longer than they may have been able to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by peasmum View Post
    If a company can afford it
    Should be subsidy by government. That's what we do in France, it does not come straight off the company pocket but rather straight from taxes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    Along with my husband, I am a small business owner of 2 fast food restaurants. Paying maternity leave to a full time employee could send us broke.
    Our government has done nothing but make it hard to own small businesses.
    Pretty sure small business's can choice whether they fund it or whether the government do...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, businesses do have the choice. I didn't read OP properly before answering

I fully support government funded PPL and can see some merits in the baby bonus.
    I also believe that families need to make sacrifices to raise their families. We are not one size fits all and if more of us lived within our means more mothers could stay at home with their babies for longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Im not against maternity leave - I think it's wise of companies to offer it to retain valuable staff.

I don't think businesses should be required to offer it because I think it would result in sex discrimination.

I definitely agree with PPL, baby bonus, parenting payments, ftb, etc

After all.... what better way to spend tax payers money than supporting future tax payers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (30-07-2012),ShanandBoc  (30-07-2012)