• On The Fence

5 6.10%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Actually, kalgirl, in NSW at least, if a 15 year old has permission from their parents to drink, it's perfectly legal.

So if the cops find a bunch of 15 years old drinking in a park with consent from their parents, they can't do anything about it (technically).
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoh...alia#section_2

Not sure if the link will work. Basically says that in NSW minors can posses and consume alcohol on a private premises, so not in a park. Also that the minors parents can provide the minor with an alcoholic beverage with a meal while in a licenced premises

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It doesn't actually say there are laws against them drinking in a public place though. Just supply and taking liquor away from a licensed club.

Anyway that's just what I've heard from DP who deals with it every day. It's a $20 fine if they are caught drinking without permission though - very hefty

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

WineTime  (29-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    It doesn't actually say there are laws against them drinking in a public place though. Just supply and taking liquor away from a licensed club.

Anyway that's just what I've heard from DP who deals with it every day. It's a $20 fine if they are caught drinking without permission though - very hefty
    LOL, indeed.

I've just remembered reading your partner is a police officer, right? In that case im sure they know more than me about it!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    LOL, indeed.

I've just remembered reading your partner is a police officer, right? In that case im sure they know more than me about it!
    Yes she is, although she's pretty new at it. I also think the law doesn't always line up with how it's enforced, if that makes sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Wow, the situation in the OP is so sad I really feel for him

There are real p.aedophiles out there who haven't been caught

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think it's fair, I'm with the "where do we draw the line crowd" this is the line you can't move it around to suit your circumstances. I don't believe we can guarantee a 15 yr old can give informed consent, these laws are there to protect these children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I think it's fair, I'm with the "where do we draw the line crowd" this is the line you can't move it around to suit your circumstances. I don't believe we can guarantee a 15 yr old can give informed consent, these laws are there to protect these children.
    Why can't there be guidelines/ranges with a judge having the discretion to convict based on maturity of both parties and consent?

Something's got to be done.
    She wanted it.
    He wanted it.
    Both knew what they were doing.

It's absolutley ridiculous that 'rape' is being thrown around. It's an absurd use of the term promoted by old fart parents that can't accept their children are growing up and they no longer control their every thought and move.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

moongazer  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Why can't there be guidelines/ranges with a judge having the discretion to convict based on maturity of both parties and consent?

Something's got to be done.
    She wanted it.
    He wanted it.
    Both knew what they were doing.

It's absolutley ridiculous that 'rape' is being thrown around. It's an absurd use of the term promoted by old fart parents that can't accept their children are growing up and they no longer control their every thought and move.
    That's the thing you can't control it.
    I wonder what would have happened if it was a 17 or 18 year old girl with a almost 16 year old boy.
    I think these things need to be looked at on a case by case basis.
    I wonder how people would feel if it was their son who had his life ruined.
    Teenagers don't think clearly. Let alone even know the law.
    I don't think it's about drawing a line I don't think things are always black and white.
    Some of my friends married the guys they where with at that age and are now a happy family with children. How tragic if their husband where considered pedos.
    The law should be there of course but you need to look at things with common sense.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I have recently found out that someone very close to me had this situation happen to them. I am wanting to know what the general (online) community of parents feel about it.

Male is 17, his girlfriend is 15 (one month off 16). Been together for a few years and parents on both sides know and approve of the relationship. Male turns 18 and has a party. Party is controlled, at the males house (his parents house where he still lives) and parents of both couple are attending. Male and girlfriend slip away from the party, go to the males room and start fooling around. Both are topless with pants undone as the girlfriends mother comes in the room and finds them.
    The girlfriends mother is mortified and charges the male with statutory rape. Girlfriend says she consented to what was happening, but mother still presses charges. Male ends up on the pead.ophile list for 10 years and is forbidden to go near his girlfriend.

Do you think what happened to him was fair or unfair and why.

(Poll to come)
    Did they actually have sex? She'd have to prove they had sex or it's moot anyway. He could still be put on the pedophile list but not from statutory rape. She'd have to go and get a rape kit and stuff done on her daughter. That's pretty slack to put your daughter through something like that. Unfortunately that's what the law is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Wow he must of had one bad lawyer given the situation.
    They didn't have s.ex. Given all the evidence I'm surprised he was charged.
    Poor kid. I did some really crazy stuff around that age and I would hate to think that anything happened to those guys as a result.
    I agree I don't understand how unless there was a rape kit done, confession from the daughter or her boyfriend and if they didn't actually have sex in the first place?